Windows 10: Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM?

Discus and support Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; have a few VMs in Hyper-V. I want one of these VMs to be able to use my host web cam, which is a USB Logitech cam, for use in MS Teams. Using gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alpha Tango, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM?

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1] have a few VMs in Hyper-V. I want one of these VMs to be able to use my host web cam, which is a USB Logitech cam, for use in MS Teams.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Using gpedit on the host, I set:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Connection Client\RemoteFX USB Device Redirection\Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX devices from this computer = Enabled for Administrators and users[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Device and Resource Direction\Do not allow video capture redirection = Disabled[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Device and Resource Direction\Do not allow supported Plug and Play device redirection = Disabled[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Performed "gpupdate /force" and rebooted host[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]In theory, this should allow me to run "vmconnect.exe localhost <vmname> /edit", and then click "Show Options", click the "Local Resources" tab, Click the "More" button, and then see my camera under "Other supported RemoteFX USB Devices".[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]In reality, I have seen this option exactly twice ever. I have zero idea what magic I performed to make it show. On those two occasions, I was able to allow the camera in the VM connect session, and the setting remained for a fairly long time. BUT, that setting is sometimes "lost". But right now, I cannot find any way to apply that setting for the VM again. I have tried setting ant unsetting the gpedit settings, rebooting host and guest VM countless times, nothing makes the option available.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]So, is there some reliable repeatable action that I can perform to make this option appear so that I can use my host USB web camera in the Hyper-VM guest through the VMConnect?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Note that this option is actually available on the mstsc.exe UI, but I am not able to use MSTSC.exe to connect to this VM, and am restricted to using VMConnect.exe.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Note also that this "issue" appears to be fuly the fault of the host, not the guests. On the two occasions where "Other supported RemoteFX USB devices" appeated for the VM, it appeared for all VMs, which are all quiet different configurations. When it disappeared, it disappeared for all guests.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Thank you for any help.
    David[/COLOR]

:)

Alpha Tango, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Wysneus Win User

Hyper-V Sound

I have an Android VM running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. I would like to establish at least sound on the Android VM. I have followed the instructions as per https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...esources-hyper-v-virtual-machine-windows.html
    without success. I do not get the VMConnect dialog box when I connect to the VM. Enhaced Session Mode is checked in Hyper-V Settings under Server and under User. Inside the VM View/Enhanced Session is NOT checkable. What am I doing wrong?

Wysneus, Apr 13, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM?

Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM?

1. Hyper-V VMConnect web camera in VM? - Similar Threads - Hyper VMConnect web

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm: tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password twice. Windows guest password is entered on a seaside background it then switches to a mountainscape background asking for the password again. Any ideas how I can fix...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...