Windows 10: Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1

Discus and support Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I rebuilt my system drive onto a SSD because my HDD failed. I had been upgraded to 21H1 before the rebuild, but I decided to download a fresh install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Faklis, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1

I rebuilt my system drive onto a SSD because my HDD failed. I had been upgraded to 21H1 before the rebuild, but I decided to download a fresh install media for 21H1 and do a clean install. Now my Hyper-V virtual machines are NOT auto-starting after a host reboot, as they had in the past. I must now log into Win10, open the Hyper-V manager and manually start them.Why can't I get the Hyper-V auto-start function to work?

:)

Michael Faklis, Jul 23, 2021
  2. OlafBubel Win User

Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem:

Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager!

My Host System is Win 10 Pro x64 . And Linux VM is Linux Mint 19.3. x64.

I try a lot of sugessstion in diffrent forums for Linux and now i decided to ask my question here.

I have a (Dummy audio soundcard instead of my HW built in soundcard on my linux VM and

can't change anything here) also not in Hyper V - Manager. There are only passtrough for other

devices, but no settings to passtruth audio from VM over Hyper V as Host.

Problem as i connect to my VM over Hyper-V-Manager the result is no audio after install Linux VM

on Hyper V Manager:

I think it's related to the (Dummy Audio) and no good function for audio passtrough in Hyper V at all.

Can't solve this issue rightnow sad but truth. Get grey hairs haha Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1 :) Hope anybody can help out with

my problem?

I saw in other posts that they had also the same issues with Hyper V (audiopasstrough). They suggest

to use Virtualbox or VMWare player instead of Hyper-V-Manager that is not possible to passtrough audio

over RDP with Linux Mint 19.3. or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS??? Or did i miss anything in the Hyper V Manager?

I try out also Ubuntu 18.04 LTS same problem with (Dummy Soundcard). But one thing i had seen (not hear)

in the [Audio Settings Manager] of (Linux VM) that the output gives sound out in Ubuntu with dummy card.

I believe it's a problem releated to Hyper V Manager (Passtroughaudio Issue). Don't know exactly?

https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/06/fix-no-sound-dummy-output-issue-in.html

[moved from German forums]

OlafBubel, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY

I have a The Windows 10 is Home... desktop PC... Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY...? If Hyper-V can run too on Windows Home... I must disable it to run VMs in Virtual Box or VMware Player??? How to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home...?

I must enable Hyper-V if I want to run VM in Hyper-V,... correct? Hyper-V can run/import Virtual-Machine.vmdk files eg run VMs of extension vmdk...?

Lse123polis, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1

Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

After upgrading to Windows 10 x64 Pro from Windows 8.1 x64 Pro and activating Hyper-V in Windows 10 x64 Pro my computer reboots. After a couple of tries it goes in automatic repair and attempts to repair the startup. This cycle just repeats itself.
    I tried many combinations of things in the bios, shutting down, reseting the defaults in bios and nothing has worked so far. I rolled back to Windows 8.1 Pro and Hyper-V works fine. I use Hyper-V with the emulators for phone and tablets in Visual Studio
    2013 and 2015. Re installed the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and activated Hyper-V and same reboot loop occurs. The only way I can boot into Windows 10 x64 Pro is disable Virtualization in bios. Anyone else having similar problems with hyper-V on Windows
    10 x64 Pro?

Thanks for your help?

DouglasHogue, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1

1. Hyper-V VMs not autostarting in Windoiws 10 Pro x64 21h1 - Similar Threads - Hyper VMs autostarting

2. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  3. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  4. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  5. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  6. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win10 Pro, Hyper-V VMs not responding after disconnect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro, Hyper-V VMs not responding after disconnect: Hi all, this is my first time posting here. I have a slightly unusual way of using my Win10 Professional PC: I have built VMs for individual scenarios (personal computing, professional work, my daughter's PC, etc.) and I have the main PC and all VMs running constantly. I...
  8. Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs: Hey all, I have a weird issue with my Windows 10 Hyper-V that I do not have with other machines. Let me explain below: I am following this guide: Step by step guide: Configure a test lab to deploy Windows 10...
  9. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  10. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958