Windows 10: Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

Discus and support Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to create several VMs I use Hyper-v on the NAS because let's face it, I have the room as all the equipment is brand new. This is a tiny home network for myself only in my apartment so no other users in the household. Cats do not do windows....LOL!I tried to build my first VM and got an error:Is it not possible to create

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Aug 16, 2022
  2. SarahKong Win User

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Aug 16, 2022
  4. DMACUK Win User

Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

1. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done? - Similar Threads - Hyper VMs NAS

2. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  3. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  4. VMs in Hyper V seem to go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMs in Hyper V seem to go to sleep: I have a bunch of VMs in Hyper V. They run applications in MS Access that check for network data every 3 minutes.Sometimes they run for a couple of days with no issues, sometimes they have issues several times in a day.Issue: The VMs seem to go to sleep, but if you connect to...
  5. VMs in Hyper V seem to go to sleep

VMs in Hyper V seem to go to sleep: I have a bunch of VMs in Hyper V. They run applications in MS Access that check for network data every 3 minutes.Sometimes they run for a couple of days with no issues, sometimes they have issues several times in a day.Issue: The VMs seem to go to sleep, but if you connect to...
  6. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  7. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  8. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

9. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  10. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958