Windows 10: “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004

Discus and support “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I updated to 2004 Build 19041.264 on 5/31/2020. After that, I’m getting many EVENT 15 errors. I googled about it then I found an article that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T.Urashima, Jun 2, 2020.

1. “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004

Hi, I updated to 2004 Build 19041.264 on 5/31/2020.

After that, I’m getting many EVENT 15 errors. I googled about it then I found an article that says “may be bug.” The update does not clean up invalid VM switch ports that being orphan.

I may be able to suppress these messages by deleting registry entries but it is not proper operation.

Do you have same errors?

“Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004 045487a0-0d85-4589-9d27-3f81865595bc?upload=true.jpg

“Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004 d19b32e9-47ac-49b6-a70f-e76667fc5f32?upload=true.jpg

:)

T.Urashima, Jun 2, 2020

2. Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?

I've been running docker on my computer for weeks, but yesterday my Hyper-V installation broke and docker fails to start. My computer was shut-off the previous night unexpectedly, so that might have been the cause. After digging in further Hyper-V manager
    cant load the VM switch manager. The failed drivers seem to point to this isn't related to Docker at all as I've also completely uninstalled docker and am still getting errors. I can open Hyper-V Manager, but clicking on Virtual Switch Manager errors with
    "An error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches. The generic operation on computer 'XXX' failed: generic failure." I cant create VMs because VMSwitch is failing to start.

Event logs show the following

Warning (source Kernel-PnP): The driver \Driver\VMSP failed to load for the device ROOT\VMS_VSMP\0000.
    Error (source Hyper-V-VmSwitch): Failed to initialize VMSwitch driver due to error {Operation Failed}

Removing and re-adding Hyper-V features (Turn Windows features on and off) did not do anything

Tried the command and it did not resolve the issue: netcfg -d

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809

KeithFloresca, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Junoob BT Win User
    Event 22:Hyper-V VMSWITCH/Event 27 i40eb Network Link is disconnected.

Hello Team,

I have Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V cluster role installed and I,m using network Team.

When the server starts I receive a error - - in system event log. Event 22:Hyper-V VMSWITCH&Event 27 i40eb Network Link is disconnected.

kindly help to fix the issue.

Junoob BT, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

“Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004

Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?

Hi KeithFloresca,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issue with Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest
    you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    , where you will be able to find support from professionals and members for issues related to
    Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

“Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004

1. “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004 - Similar Threads - “Hyper VmSwitch EVENT

2. Issue re-configuring Hyper-V VM after restoring PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue re-configuring Hyper-V VM after restoring PC: So I had a situation where I had to wipe my PC. Files were backed up but when I replaced the HyperV files, one of my VMs is unable to open.I receive the following error: 'MyVM' failed to start. Synthetic SCSI Controller Instance ID ... Failed to Power on with Error "The chain...
  3. Issue re-configuring Hyper-V VM after restoring PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue re-configuring Hyper-V VM after restoring PC: So I had a situation where I had to wipe my PC. Files were backed up but when I replaced the HyperV files, one of my VMs is unable to open.I receive the following error: 'MyVM' failed to start. Synthetic SCSI Controller Instance ID ... Failed to Power on with Error "The chain...
  4. Issue re-configuring Hyper-V VM after restoring PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer: Hi everyone and Happy Easter, I have been doing some routine maintenance and while in Event Viewer I have noticed a lot of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries ( 37 to be precise when Windows loads - ver 19042.867 ), I used to have Hyper V enabled a while back ( over a year ago ) and I...
  6. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...
  7. Hyper-V serial port

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hyper-V serial port: Hi We have Hyper-V Manager version: 10.0.18362.1 installed on Windows 10. We need to use serial port on victual machine, but could not get correct configuration. We tried some suggestions from internet, such as remote logon the virtual machine and use the serial port on...
  8. Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?: I've been running docker on my computer for weeks, but yesterday my Hyper-V installation broke and docker fails to start. My computer was shut-off the previous night unexpectedly, so that might have been the cause. After digging in further Hyper-V manager cant load the VM...
  9. Creators Update and Hyper-V - Upgrade Configuration Version

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Creators Update and Hyper-V - Upgrade Configuration Version: Hello all, I have installed Creators Update and in Hyper-V Manager, when I click on "Upgrade Configuration Version" on any of my VMs, nothing happens. I am running Enterprise edition. And I think it is because of that I can't use new features of Hyper-V like windows...
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....