Windows 10: Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch

Discus and support Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day, In prior versions of Windows 10 I was fairly certain my deleting of Default Switch was permanent. When the Default switch is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sconnary, Mar 15, 2019.

1. sconnary Win User

Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch

Good day,

In prior versions of Windows 10 I was fairly certain my deleting of Default Switch was permanent. When the Default switch is deleted it almost instantly is recreated. I cant for the life of me understand why this switch is mandatory. I have used Hyper-V for a few years now and have never needed the switch. When I try to disable the switch it turns itself back on.

I find this feature to be extremely annoying.

Anyone have a real way to remove this so it never ever returns?

Powershell command being used:

Get-HNSNetwork | ? Name -Like "Default Switch" | Remove-HNSNetwork

Appreciate any information you can provide.

-Scott

:)

sconnary, Mar 15, 2019

2. Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

On Thursday 2018-10-04 my host development PC + several guest Windows 10 machines all updated to the latest Windows 10 1809 feature release apparently without incident.

My guest machines use the Hyper-V default switch for their NAT networking which has worked effectively for the past year.

I have just noticed however every time you reboot the host, the default switch is getting deleted and then recreated and hence allocated a new network identity and IP address (the Hyper-V default switch uses /28 network for its NAT network). The event log
    confirms the adapter deletion and re-creation events following a reboot.

The effect of this is that each guest is constantly seeing a new network following a host reboot. This is not correct behaviour and the in the past the identity of the default switches network adapter remained stable between reboots and consequently its
    assigned /28 network also remained stable.

I have some Windows 10 guest machines with Hyper-V installed within the guest (required for virtual device development). This guest machines also have a nested default switch which also exhibits the same delete/recreate behaviour following a guest machine
    restart.

I was tempted to roll back of the feature update on the host, but have since noticed I am beyond the 10 days grace period for feature roll back which seems a very short time.

Consequently I am stuck with the behaviour for the present.

I am hoping a fix for this will be available for this bug in the future.

As a side not I wish Microsoft would give us control of the IP address assigned to the Hyper-V default switch.

Dave Stringer, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.

Default switch cannot be deleted. If its existence disturbs you, you might want to remove Hyper-V from your system and use another virtualisation program instead.

Quote from Hyper-V virtual machine gallery and networking improvements | Virtualization Blog:

4. 7fh3498f Win User

Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.

When default switch is deleted the VMs start alright so for me there is no need to keep that switch in the system as i want them all offiline. There is also remove button for the switch in Hyper-V Manager but it simply does not work. I don't think is crucial to keep default switch when you don't need any network access for your VMs.

If someone will find solution how to permanently delete default Hyper-V switch please share the knowledge. Thank you.

7fh3498f, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch - Similar Threads - Hyper 1809 Permanently

2. Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch: Hello,I frequently make VM's with hyper-v either to test things, or just for convenience's sake. usually with windows on them as well.But recently, any VM's I make or have previously made can't connect to the internet at all. I usually just use the "default switch", but that...
  3. Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline: Hi,I am managing devices with Intune and doing testing of the Microsoft Security Baseline being applied to Windows 10 devices. Functionality has been fine with the Security Baseline except for Virtual Machines running in Hyper-V and using the "Default Switch" do not get...
  4. Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question

Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question: Hi, The VMs on Windows 10 Hyper-V set to use the default switch on Windows 10 Hyper-V receive dynamic IP addresses. There is no setting to set it to static. I'm assuming there is NAT set up behind the scene that supplies those IPs. To get around this issue I have set up a...
  5. Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network: Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch. If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to start (once) windows sandbox (workaround). After windows sandbox is started, new NIC is created in my win 10 virtual machine...
  6. Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch

Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch: Hello, I'm trying to get networking working in a VM using the hyper-v default switch. Eventually I want to run a Linux image, but I'm starting with Windows 10 'dev environment' image to work things out. The Windows image starts, and thinks it has an up adapter, got the...
  7. Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763): On Thursday 2018-10-04 my host development PC + several guest Windows 10 machines all updated to the latest Windows 10 1809 feature release apparently without incident. My guest machines use the Hyper-V default switch for their NAT networking which has worked effectively...
  8. Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.

Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.: Hello, after update to Fall Creators Update i cannot delete vEthernet (Default Switch) in Hype-V. When deleted from connections in control pannel it is created again after reboot. If disabled it stays after reboot but new connection with #2 is created. When clicking delete...
  9. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  10. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v remove default switch

2. hyper-v delete default switch

3. remove default switch windows 10 hyper-v

4. windows 10 hyper-v remove default switch,
  5. hyper-v windows 10 remove default switch,
  6. windows 10 hyper-v default switch delete,
  7. supprimer default switch hyper v,
  8. remove default hyper-v network switches,
  9. problems deleting hyper-v switch,
  10. delete default hyper v switch in windows 10,
  11. permenantly delete vEthernet HvsiIcs adapter windows 10,