Windows 10: Hyper V - Win10 Pro Installed - Blurred login screen.

Discus and support Hyper V - Win10 Pro Installed - Blurred login screen. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So new laptop, on Win10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572) i am launching Win10 Pro in Hyper V, to its defaulted 'Enhanced Session' however it will only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by thedoc46, Nov 4, 2020.

1. thedoc46 Win User

Hyper V - Win10 Pro Installed - Blurred login screen.

So new laptop, on Win10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572) i am launching Win10 Pro in Hyper V, to its defaulted 'Enhanced Session' however it will only launch to a blurred login screen that will not allow me to enter any credentials. I am however able to login if i select 'Basic Session' Being that i was able to get in via a basic session, i did a google on blurred login screen, which MS say's delete all your .db files in cache. None of which is unfortunately helping me. so here to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and found a resolution.

Not sure what limitations the Basic Session gives. I'm admittedly new to using Hyper V.

I ran all the windows updates on both the main OS and the VM OS. Not sure what else to try.

:)

thedoc46, Nov 4, 2020
  2. thedoc46 Win User

So new laptop, on Win10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572) i am launching Win10 Pro in Hyper V, to its defaulted 'Enhanced Session' however it will only launch to a blurred login screen that will not allow me to enter any credentials. I am however able to login if i select 'Basic Session' Being that i was able to get in via a basic session, i did a google on blurred login screen, which MS say's delete all your .db files in cache. None of which is unfortunately helping me. so here to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and found a resolution.

Not sure what limitations the Basic Session gives. I'm admittedly new to using Hyper V.

I ran all the windows updates on both the main OS and the VM OS. Not sure what else to try.

thedoc46, Nov 4, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User

The reason this happens is because you have a PIN set, and PINS cannot be used on HyperV.

Turn off Windows Hello, and enhanced mode will work.

PS RDP must be set as well.

cereberus, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

The blurred background on the sign in screen is normal for all W10 machines, whether physical or VM. It can be disabled....

Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

But that is not your problem. Not having anywhere to enter your sign in credentials is not normal. I suggest your install of W10 in the VM is corrupt and may need reinstalling.

Enhanced Session can give you access to the partitions on the hard drive of the host machine, and also allows a W10 VM to use sound. More info in this tutorial.

Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

Bree, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper V - Win10 Pro Installed - Blurred login screen. - Similar Threads - Hyper Win10 Pro

2. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  3. Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install: Hii, I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DY-BQ002T. I upgraded my build in Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Microsoft store app so that I can use Hyper-V and Docker for windows. Windows 10 Home was updated to Version 1903 before the Pro upgrade. But when do the...
  4. No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode - Turn On or Off (referred to in several other related articles) and neither...
  5. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...
  6. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  7. Diff between Hyper-V Home and Pro guest logins using PIN?

Diff between Hyper-V Home and Pro guest logins using PIN?: Although both Windows 10 Home and Pro support use of a PIN for login on devices, that does not appear to be the case when using Hyper-V virtual machines. I have three W10 Home x64 virtual machines and five W10 Pro x64 virtual machines spread across two hosts. I use...
  8. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  9. Hyper-V & Win10 #2

Hyper-V & Win10 #2: Is there a way to create a Desktop shortcut to the Hyper-V Windows 10 Client so when I double click it I launch Windows 10 under Hyper-V? I've seen suggestions for Powershell and VB scripts, none of which I could get to work. 2338
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...