Windows 10: Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7

Discus and support Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Build 1803. As far as I know, this is the latest one. I've done the procedures to open Hyper-V. I've tried to load the .iso file of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanHurley, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7

I am using Build 1803. As far as I know, this is the latest one. I've done the procedures to open Hyper-V. I've tried to load the .iso file of Windows 7 into the Hyper-V window. But, I keep getting an error. I have tried everything. Finally, I began to suspect a hardware problem. I spoke to MSI who makes my motherboard. I told their support that I have an MSI Z370 Gaming M5 motherboard. The support guy told me this is indeed a hardware problem and that it is not unique to MSI. He told me that none of the newer motherboards with the new chipsets will run Windows 7 even under a Hyper-V Window. This is by design. Can you confirm this? The Microsoft website documentation currently available says that Windows 7 is one of those operating systems that will run in under the Hyper-V of Windows 10. What is the truth?

:)

AlanHurley, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7 jae.png

Larger shot is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kxya995jrn8io7/img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png?dl=0

DxDiag info of GPU is here: Файл из Облака Mail.Ru

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7

1. Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Hyper Window using

2. Hyper V for windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper V for windows 10: Can Hyper-V added to windows features, so that i can turn it on so i can run an app. How do i even get Hyper-V added to my computer in general? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-for-windows-10/99ebe949-cf2a-44ab-a6a7-b28f08f6794b
  3. Hyper V for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V for windows 10: Can Hyper-V added to windows features, so that i can turn it on so i can run an app. How do i even get Hyper-V added to my computer in general? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-for-windows-10/99ebe949-cf2a-44ab-a6a7-b28f08f6794b
  4. Hyper-V and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 7: I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not work. It say that the mouse input not captured. All boxes are checked under Integration Services. Is their any other options...
  5. How to install Windows 7 on Hyper V in Windows 10?

How to install Windows 7 on Hyper V in Windows 10?: Win 10 Pro 1709. VERY, very new to using Hyper-V : ) Created a VM last week with win 10 1803 and while there were a few hiccups it worked as advertised. Yesterday I tried to install window 7 using Hyper-V and it failed miserably. Disc image of win 7 home would not start set...
  6. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  7. No Audio In Hyper V Windows 7

No Audio In Hyper V Windows 7: Hi everybody. I tried reading through the topics and didn't really find anything that has helped. If I'm posting a topic that has been posted I apologize for overlooking it. However, here is my situation. I am running Windows 10 ( 64 bit) and have made a virtual machine...
  8. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...
  9. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 How to Setup and Use Hyper-V in Windows 10 for OS Virtualization [img] Information Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise editions come with a built-in hypervisor client Hyper-V allowing users to create...
  10. Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD How to Create VHD of Windows 10 Installation and Use in Hyper-V [img] Note The tutorial has been updated today (20-MAR-2017). Please post all your questions about this process in this thread. Please...