Windows 10: Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints

Discus and support Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've made a VM in Hyper-V for Windows 10 Enterprise. In the bottom right it says the license is valid for 90 days and I've created a checkpoint after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nrthrnD, Jun 23, 2022.

1. nrthrnD Win User

Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints

I've made a VM in Hyper-V for Windows 10 Enterprise. In the bottom right it says the license is valid for 90 days and I've created a checkpoint after I ran all the latest updates. My question: if it comes down to day 1, can I just restore the checkpoint and I'll be back up to 90 days? Is this legal? It's for my test environment before rolling out scripts etc.

:)

nrthrnD, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10  

PowerShell really is a nice tool to be used with Hyper-V.

I see you had used default checkpoint names. I like to rename mine to better remember to what point any checkpoint takes me.

Earlier today I recorded video to be sent to Macrium support. I've had contact with them because an issue with Macrium Reflect CBT and Image Guardian features; they simply break OneDrive Files on Demand feature (OD FOD) in Insider builds 17035 and 17040. To demonstrate it I clean installed W10 on a VM, then reproduced the issue creating checkpoint after each step:

Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints [​IMG]

I like doing it so, making a relatively short video now by applying checkpoints one after another, capturing those few seconds from that step I want to show, then applying next checkpoint and so on.

Renaming checkpoints with descriptive names tells me exactly which checkpoint I need to / want to apply.

3. GalaxyGe Win User
    Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10  

Hi Kari,

actually I do this similarly. Just, I like to keep the date/time in name as it is not otherwise shown in Hyper-V Manager.

So I always create my checkpoints with generated name and then just append some description in Hyper-V Manager.

Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints [​IMG]

Like here in Ubuntu, where I've kept track of nearly every step installing stuff on it... sorry just my paranoia *Wink as I'm a somewhat dummy in Linux.

Gerhard

GalaxyGe, Jun 23, 2022
  4. GalaxyGe Win User

Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files

It certainly does delete them if you use PowerShell with administrator privileges. I've had issues with Hyper-V Manager myself, but didn't find out the reasons.

more discussion about checkpoints are here: Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10 Virtualization Tutorials

GalaxyGe, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints - Similar Threads - Hyper License Activation

2. Hyper V Checkpoint Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Checkpoint Error: Hi,We are using Veeam to backup our Virtual machine and recently we moved VM's to another server ever since then we are not able to backup those VMs. I contacted Veeam support and they said it's a error related to Checkpoint since VMs is giving error when creating manual...
  3. Hyper V Checkpoint Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Checkpoint Error: Hi,We are using Veeam to backup our Virtual machine and recently we moved VM's to another server ever since then we are not able to backup those VMs. I contacted Veeam support and they said it's a error related to Checkpoint since VMs is giving error when creating manual...
  4. Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints: I've made a VM in Hyper-V for Windows 10 Enterprise. In the bottom right it says the license is valid for 90 days and I've created a checkpoint after I ran all the latest updates. My question: if it comes down to day 1, can I just restore the checkpoint and I'll be back up to...
  5. Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Windows License Activation & Checkpoints: I've made a VM in Hyper-V for Windows 10 Enterprise. In the bottom right it says the license is valid for 90 days and I've created a checkpoint after I ran all the latest updates. My question: if it comes down to day 1, can I just restore the checkpoint and I'll be back up to...
  6. Can't show Checkpoint in Hyper-V manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't show Checkpoint in Hyper-V manager: I have created Checkpoint, but I can't find it in Hyper-V Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-show-checkpoint-in-hyper-v-manager/2a810e7f-b92c-4642-907c-dea5e68e2ce5
  7. Windows License and Hyper V

Windows License and Hyper V: I recently bought Windows 10 Pro and am looking to set up multiple virtual machines using Hyper-V. I would like to install Windows 10 home onto each of my virtual machines. Do I need one product key for each virtual machine or can I buy one product key and use it across...
  8. Hyper V Licensing

Hyper V Licensing: On Windows 10 we have a couple of programs that cannot be installed at the same time with out conflicts. We tried out Hyper V and installed one in a virtual machine. They both work fine now. It says that this is a trial. It looks like it is good for 60 days per the Eula....
  9. Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files: Is it normal for Hyper-V to not delete the original checkpoint files when the reference/restore point is deleted in the Hyper-V manager? I am just getting my feet wet in the Hyper-V realm and noticed that the AVHDX files take space on my PC even after deleting the...
  10. Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10: How to: Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10 How to Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10 [img] Note Checkpoint is a powerful Hyper-V feature to easily undo all changes on a virtual machine. You can play with virtual machines testing apps,...