Windows 10: Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging

Discus and support Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have followed Kari's guide video to setup a Windows host to Linux Mint RDC. I get to the RDC login but then after a minute or so I get connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by becritical, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging

I have followed Kari's guide video to setup a Windows host to Linux Mint RDC.

I get to the RDC login but then after a minute or so I get connection failed, here's the screenshot. It says login successful but then connection problem, 'some problem', very useful info...

Does anybody know how to fix this?
    Thanks

Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging [​IMG]

:)

becritical, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Andy Hamp Win User

Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions

I have a laptop (Lenovo P51 for reference) that I installed Hyper-V onto so that I could used Docker for Windows.

I always connect to this machine via RDP, but since the install of hyper-v i get a stutter when typing in documents/webpages etc (Not talking about the VM... this is on the base machine). To me it seems like it's a networking issue but could be completely
    wrong here.

Running with Hyper-V disabled makes no difference.

Removing Hyper-V solves the problem.

Using the laptop directly (not via RDP) no issues are seen .. Network is Gigabit wired ethernet, machines are both on the same switch.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be and any potential solutions ?

Thx ... Andy

Andy Hamp, Feb 28, 2019
  3. kebero Win User
    Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on that vSwitch.

kebero, Feb 28, 2019
  4. kebero Win User

Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

I may not have explained properly. I am running Windows 10 Professional, with Hyper-V enabled. The Linux machine is running locally on an SSD, and the remote desktop connection is over a virtual switch.

kebero, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging

1. Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging - Similar Threads - Hyper Linux RDC

2. Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection: Maybe you could help me. I don't know how to configure the network/routing etc to connect to a docker service running in my Hyper-V Linux guest. Here is a brief description of my setup: Windows 10 virt. interface 10.0.0.100 for Hyper-V --> Hyper-V-guest Ubuntu eth0:...
  3. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  4. Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem

Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem: I installed Linux-Mint in a gen 1 hyper-v session, and it installed fine. My main issue is that it setups up in an odd screen size and requires scroll bars. I go to display settings and it say laptop 12xx x 8xx (4:3) resolution, and no option to select 1366x768. I...
  5. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  6. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  7. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  8. Hyper-v, V M windows 8.1. Can't RDC to Win 8.1 from Win 10

Hyper-v, V M windows 8.1. Can't RDC to Win 8.1 from Win 10: Hyper-v, V M windows 8.1. Can't RDC to Win 8.1 from Win 10. However I can RDC to Win 7 VM. Help! 29449
  9. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperv xorg wont log in

2. hyper v rdp vs xrdp

3. xrdp settings for opensuse and hyper v

4. hyper v ubuntu connection lost connect xorg,
  5. hyper v linux vm xorg,
  6. hyper-v xrog login problem,
  7. windows 10 rdp to linux mint 19,
  8. hyper-v cant login to linux XORG,
  9. hyper-v linux rdp connection not working