Windows 10: Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Discus and support Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by markweatherill, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hi,

I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how.

Can anyone help, please?

:)

markweatherill, Nov 17, 2015

2. Virtual pc 2007

Microsoft dropped support for virtual PC 2007 long ago (According to the download install specs Windows XP was the last supported host operating system).

The current Microsoft supported virtual machine platform is Hyper-V.

How to Install or Enable Hyper-V Virtualization in Windows 8 or 10

A_User_Here, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Will Windows Virtual PC still work with Windows 10?

No, it will not work, it is not supported. You can setup a new Virtual Machine using Hyper-V, but you will have provide your own Windows XP license. Windows XP Mode is not compatible with Hyper-V

How
    to setup a virtual machine using Hyper-V

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper/V Virtual Machine Connection does not support remote audio.

Virtual machines with guest OS Windows 8 or later can use the so called enhanced mode to connect to vm which supports remote audio To get audio in older Windows versions like in your case Windows XP you need to connect to your vm using either Windows Remote Desktop Connection or any third party remote desktop application to get the audio.

5. Thanks, I have tried making a Remote Desktop connection to the guest OS, but without success.

I wanted the vm to be able to run an old program (Propellerhead's Rebirth) but in the end, I managed to get it working under Windows 10, so all is well.*Smile

markweatherill, Nov 18, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    IS your XP the Home edition? You need XP Pro to use it as remote host, to be able to connect to it with Remote Desktop Connection.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

1. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound? - Similar Threads - Hyper enable sound

2. Hyper-V Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Sound: I have an Android VM running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. I would like to establish at least sound on the Android VM. I have followed the instructions as per https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/58091-use-local-devices-resources-hyper-v-virtual-machine-windows.html without...
  3. Windows XP under Hyper-V - no network or sound.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows XP under Hyper-V - no network or sound.: I’m trying to install XP under Hyper-V & although it installs fine I find that the network disconnects immediately & states little or not network, also there’s no sound as it says there’s no audio card installed. I suspect XP is too old for Hyper-V. I require an older version...
  4. Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP): To whom it may concern, When using a virtual machine, I find that some of my programs do not run due to a lack of audio. My Hyper V Manager is already set to 'use enhanced mode if available' by default. Since I want to get access to the aforementioned software, is there a...
  5. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  6. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  7. Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V: Hello Everyone! Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts! THE QUESTION: How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v virtual machine? WHAT HAPPENED: Installed XP in Hyper-V (Win10). For some reason now the display drivers are not installing....
  8. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...
  9. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v windows xp sound

2. wimdows xp audio in hyper-v

3. hyper-v sound

4. windows xp hyper-v sound,
  5. hyper-v windows XP,
  6. hyper-v windows xp no sound,
  7. hyper-v windows 10 windows xp soundkarte,
  8. hyper-v sound card,
  9. hyper v xp sound,
  10. windows xp virtual machine enhanced mode not working,