Windows 10: Hyper-V

Discus and support Hyper-V in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased an asus Rog with Windows 10 home and then purchased the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro to get Hyper-V. I cannot get Hyper-V to enable on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nathanbriggs3, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Hyper-V

I purchased an asus Rog with Windows 10 home and then purchased the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro to get Hyper-V. I cannot get Hyper-V to enable on my machine.

I have tried disabling it and then re enabling it several times, but it will not activate. When I type in the systeminfo.exe at command line I get (A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.) I read that you get this message when you already have hyper-v activated, but I don't have it.

Can someone please help me with this?! This computer is brand new and I paid for this upgrade. I would like to get what I paid for.

:)

nathanbriggs3, Dec 1, 2019

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Hyper-V

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V

1. Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  3. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  4. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  6. Setting up hyper threading

Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  7. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...
  8. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...
  9. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  10. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...