Windows 10: Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app

Discus and support Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When using Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0 I find that as the mouse pointer passes over a link in any email it shows up the link data as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vaudinet, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Vaudinet Win User

Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app

Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app 35927caa-aefd-44cc-a69d-0d1bcf4d5550?upload=true.jpg

When using Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0 I find that as the mouse pointer passes over a link in any email it shows up the link data as shown in the attached picture.

This only occurs in my Mail program and it occurs on all emails.

***Modified title from: Why does the link data show when mouse pointer rolls over pictures etc. in Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0***

AllanS

:)

Vaudinet, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    contact pictures not showing in mail app

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as
      Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Press Enter.

Note: The Mail app and the Calendar app are tied together, so the Calendar app will get uninstalled as well.

After uninstalling the Mail app, restart your computer. You can then reinstall it by following these steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

• Press Enter.

When choosing a contact photo, the Photos app would show the pictures under the "Collection" tab by default. You can click the last icon, which would bring you to the "Folders"
    tab. You can then browse the folders in your computer for the picture you want.

Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app ffd35697-b8c1-4d10-85d8-efb7ef132dc3.png

Let us know if the contact photos appear in the Mail app after reinstalling it.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 28, 2019
  4. clayto Win User

Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app

Hyperlinks are not working in any email app.

I have seen earlier posts regarding this but the suggested fixes have not worked for my problem. The hyperlinks are not working in any desktop email app, viz. Mail, Yahoo, Google, TouchMail. What is more is they do not work in the online versions either. Realizing this is probably related to defaults I have examined: 'by file type, by protocol, by apps, by program.' The procedures described do not seem to be quite correct for my OS, perhaps they are out of date now? In particular there is a reference to 'click the all box.' I cannot find an 'all box.'

Advice please?

clayto, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app - Similar Threads - Hyperlink shows whenever

2. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...: New Dell Latitude laptop, same problem with a variety of mice tried - wired & wireless. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize the point "jumps" several mm right and up. If I click in just the right place the resize pointed appears while I'm holding...
  5. email hyperlink

in Windows 10 Customization
    email hyperlink: Hi, I cannot open Hyperlinks sent to me by email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-hyperlink/891fd4f0-352b-458e-b5d9-14325df076d7
  6. HYperlinks showing up when I roll over links in my email

in Browsers and Email
    HYperlinks showing up when I roll over links in my email: In Windows 10 mail, when I roll over a link, in an open email, the full text of the hyperlink pops up as a mini window. Is there a setting that I can turn that off? It's more annoying than anything. If there is a setting I can't seem to find it or I have overlooked it....
  7. hyper text links showing when i hover over picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper text links showing when i hover over picture: Hello everyone Thanks for reading this I am NOT SURE which "CATEGORY etc." this "should" be placed in, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong one. I have seen this question before BUT have NOT seen a creditable answer that seems to solve it YET. If anyone has the same...
  8. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  9. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable hyperlink showing the entire mail address when hovered over it

2. gmail pictures show text when hovered over