Windows 10: Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The hyperlinks contained in the emails I receive in Windows 10 Mail app are not taking me to the link destination. Instead, I'm taken to a Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by luisfersd, May 28, 2019.

1. luisfersd Win User

Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

The hyperlinks contained in the emails I receive in Windows 10 Mail app are not taking me to the link destination. Instead, I'm taken to a Google starting page.

* Moved from outlook.com

:)

luisfersd, May 28, 2019

2. Hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app not working

Hello Bruce,

As you are facing issues with accessing the hyperlinks in Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in to Windows Store, search for the Mail app and check if there are any updates found for the app.

If so, try to install the update and check if it helps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 28, 2019
  4. Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

Windows 10 mail app HTML rendering for hyperlinks

Hi,

As per the above query you are not able to remove underline for some hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app.

If you are referring to only removing the underline of the hyperlink than follow the below steps :

1. Select the hyperlink .i.e. Point the cursor to the start point of the hyperlink press left click and drag till the end.

2. Click on the underline option in the mail app.

Underline will be removed for the hyperlink.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.
    Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks are working

2. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  3. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  4. hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10

hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10: Please let me know how to get rid of the hyperlink text when moving my mouse over it in my email... Mail for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-mail-for-windows-10/63c40a76-54d0-4a00-bdf0-1499f2a2bd1e
  5. Hyperlinks is not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks is not working on Windows 10: I am having a problem with all hyperlinks - in Xfinity Mail, Facebook, and other apps. I assume it is a problem with Windows 10. Anyone know what the cause is?...
  6. The hyperlinks in Mail do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The hyperlinks in Mail do not work: When I receive an e-mail that contains a link, when I click on the link, there is an error message saying something like "We were not able to open the link with the details of the link". If I copy the link and paste it in a browser, the link opens. I tried to reinitialize...
  7. Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser: Hi, I just updated my computer the the latest Microsoft Edge browser. Microsoft Edge runs in the background and on the task bar the Edge icon flashes when I click on a hyperlink on Windows 10 mail; However, Edge browser does not pop up to screen. Is there a setting I have...
  8. Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App

Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App: I am unable to open any links if Chrome or Firefox is set as my default browser but I am successful if Edge is the default. Any clue what might be causing this?...
  9. Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail: Hyperlinks do not work or contain links in the mail. When you receive an email and when you open regardless in outlook, Gmail or in yahoo itself you always see a blue line under the hyperlink. All you have to do is to move your mouse over and click on it and links open and...
  10. clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail: when I receive mail with a hyperlink in it and I click on it, nothing happens. I have set up .htm and .html files to open in Chrome.. every once in awhile when I click on a link it will open up, but in most emails from most senders, I can not. Can anyone help? Thanks 87207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail 10 hyperlink not working

2. windows 10 hyperlinks not working using windows mail app