Windows 10: Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recently when I try to click hyperlinks they don't load sayin that it cant seem to reach the page would you like to search it on bing and when I say do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DRWAYTOOGO, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

recently when I try to click hyperlinks they don't load sayin that it cant seem to reach the page would you like to search it on bing and when I say do so it tries to load and goes hmmm cant seem to load would you like to load bing using bing. but if I take that same link and put it in the browser it works fine. this for google chrome and windows edge. along with this two games I been playing that are online seem to have a problem as well. Rainbow six siege also seems to have issues after a match where it says synching data and after 5mins it just fails and let me play a new match. With vermintide 2 im not so lucky, when I go to load in sometimes it will take a while and then say sign in time out and kick me from the game, and when i do get in at the end of a match it will crash right before the end screen where it would give me loot, as crafting loot will crash my computer. I live in an apartment complex and none of my roommates seem to have the problem so it has to be my computer. I think its windows stopping information being asked for by programs.

***Original title: issues with my network and online games***

:)

DRWAYTOOGO, Mar 13, 2019

2. google chrome

When in Google Chrome / internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge i have a page containing a list of hyperlinks to jpg's in it, what i need to do is that when i click one of those hyperlinks the image to be opened with windows picture
    viewer (default program selected), but instead it is opened in a new tab inside Google Chrome/ internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Is there any way to achieve the behavior i want ?

T van den Born, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Missing hyperlinks on webpages using Google Chrome Version 51

New computer today. Chrome Version 51 loaded. I'm missing hyperlinks on several webpages. Switched to Microsoft Edge and it works fine. Can't even post in the Google Chrome forum without hyperlink. Running Windows 10.

LauraBliss, Mar 13, 2019
  4. mlg63 Win User

Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

microsoft edge gets open with google chrome

Do not select Edge in a search engine like Google and do not use that MS Edge shortcut on the Chrome page you show above. Click on the
    blue e in the taskbar to open Edge. You seem to actually have Chrome installed and might be signed into your Google/Gmail acct. If you sign into your Gmail acct, you sign into Chrome and Google. Turn off sync in your Google-gmail acct. Open
    your google acct to change preferences.

mlg63, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

1. Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks open Google

2. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  4. Google Chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome will not open: I just got this Laptop and with Windows 11 I tried to download Google Chrome it installed but would not open for me to set up. Whenever I click on the icon nothing happens...
  5. Google Chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome will not open: I just got this Laptop and with Windows 11 I tried to download Google Chrome it installed but would not open for me to set up. Whenever I click on the icon nothing happens...
  6. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  7. Google Chrome not not Opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not not Opening: I use Google Chrome for a lot of things and I can't get on because it won't let me. Every time I click on Chrome to open, it doesn't open. I have tried every method ranging from YouTube videos to comments like these and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone of you reply to...
  8. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  9. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  10. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperlink to open edge not google

2. gmail hyperlinks do not open

3. outlook hyperlinks are not opening in google chrome

4. why wont hyperlinks open microsoft edge 2019,
  5. hyperlinks not opening widonws edge,
  6. edge hyperlinks dont open