Windows 10: Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window

Discus and support Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Suddenly on starting up my PC today (this hasn't happened, ever, in the past 10 years or more), when I click on a hyperlink in an Excel 2007 document,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by martinlest, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window

Suddenly on starting up my PC today (this hasn't happened, ever, in the past 10 years or more), when I click on a hyperlink in an Excel 2007 document, I get a security message (below) telling me that 'hyperlinks can be harmful' and do I want to proceed? Driving me crazy now, after over an hour of Googling and trying out suggested 'fixes' (in vain). I have added entries to the registry, added the location (just a local folder) and all subfolders to trusted locations, checked, unchecked various Excel options (all given as solutions to this problem in various forums).... Irony is, each line in my Excel worksheet contains two hyperlinks: the first is to an internet page, and that still works just fine. The second is, as I say, to a local folder, not unsafe at all, but all those now bring up this message. Opening the same file in Windows 7 (dual boot) does not bring up the warning, BTW Anyone know why this is plaguing me all of a sudden (the location clearly wasn't deemed 'unsafe' before today)... and far more importantly, how do I turn this message off once and for all? Windows 20H2 Thank you!

:)

martinlest, Jun 27, 2021
  2. rdilauro Win User

Problem with Hyperlinks in Excel (10,13) with Windows 10

I have a multi tab Excel spreadsheet. I can open any of the tabs, hyperlinks on my Windows 7 system without problems On Windows 10, I get the warning message: Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer ... I find my Microsoft sites that describe this problem and have suggested adding a registry item.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Security
    DWORD: DisableHyperlinkWarning 1

That does not correct the problem. I m hoping that someone else out there has seen this and has a solid solution

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Will do.... Always want to give credit to a helping person(s)

rdilauro, Jun 27, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Problem with Hyperlinks in Excel (10,13) with Windows 10

Hi there

I think this method should work depending on which office version you are using -- try the first solution rather than messing about with registry edits.

How to disable Hyperlink Warnings for Office programs

I've got no probs with hyperlinks --- works perfectly in EXCEL 2019 (PRO X-64)

Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 27, 2021
  4. T WAYNE Win User

Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window

Hyperlink in excel

Please help. I use hyperlink in excel but find that the hyperlink does not work on my windows HTC Touch mobile. What can i do?

T WAYNE, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window

1. Hyperlinks in Excel file suddenly bring up security warning window - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks Excel file

2. Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets: I must remove hyperlink, You, MS said "Right-click, and then click Remove Hyperlinks." no such options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hyperlinks-on-excel-sheets/6acbf63f-dc35-459f-8f6d-11824562a917
  3. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  4. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  5. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Every "Default Browser" generates Cookies Windows Security Warning for hyperlinks from Excel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every "Default Browser" generates Cookies Windows Security Warning for hyperlinks from Excel: Recently 30-60 days? I've noticed hyperlinks which I've clicked on in Excel will intermittently present a popup warning: "To allow this website to provide information personalized for you, will you allow it to put a small file called a cookie on your computer?"I visit many...
  7. excel hyperlinks changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  8. Excel Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Hyperlinks: I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-hyperlinks/ea0ff616-ad24-41d6-8409-cf95b068867a
  9. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...
  10. Starting Edge brings up screen warning

in Browsers and Email
    Starting Edge brings up screen warning: When I start edge, (Using the new 10240 release) I get a warning screen that says: WARNING: ACDnet Customer - Your PC may have critical security vulnerabilities, Call 8880491-6283 now for IMMEDIATE assistance. There is an OK box on the screen. Clicking on OK takes away the...