Windows 10: Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...

Discus and support Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone resolved this issue where Hyperlinks in Office products such as PowerPoint and Outlook won't open when Chrome is set as default but will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sunfrogz, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...

Has anyone resolved this issue where Hyperlinks in Office products such as PowerPoint and Outlook won't open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is set as default?

submitted by /u/sunfrogz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sunfrogz, Nov 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

Although I have made Chrome my default browser in Windows 10 Settings, every time I click on a hyperlink or PDF attachment in Outlook (Office 2010), they open in Edge rather than Chrome. How do I fix this?

Susan77850, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Phil3 Win User
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...

Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...

1. Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is... - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks Office open

2. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome: this behaviour is new, and I've only seen it on my Windows 10 PC, it doesn't happen on my Windows 11 device. I usually leave the Settings > Check For Updates tab open in Chrome, so it opens by default and checks for updates, when I open the browserin Task Manager, I've...
  3. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome: this behaviour is new, and I've only seen it on my Windows 10 PC, it doesn't happen on my Windows 11 device. I usually leave the Settings > Check For Updates tab open in Chrome, so it opens by default and checks for updates, when I open the browserin Task Manager, I've...
  4. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely for security reasons. It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the...
  6. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  7. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Browsers and Email
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  8. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Windows 10 Support
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  9. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power point hyperlink to chrome and not ie