Windows 10: Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge

Discus and support Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Would like to change that to default browser. Is this possible? It's not doing it, even with other browsers set as default. Would like these... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by danielson, Oct 4, 2018.

1. danielson Win User

Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge

Would like to change that to default browser.
    Is this possible?

It's not doing it, even with other browsers set as default.
    Would like these hyper-links to open in whatever browser is set as default.

:)

danielson, Oct 4, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Phil3 Win User

Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks Mail messages

2. Hyperlinks not opening in Your Phone Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks not opening in Your Phone Messages: in the "Your Phone" app on Windows 11 hyperlinks are no longer opening. I click them and nothing. Previously worked fine. Is this a known issue? Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎7/‎30/‎2021 OS build 22000.348 Serial number 006048375257 Experience Windows...
  3. Hyperlinks not opening in Your Phone Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlinks not opening in Your Phone Messages: in the "Your Phone" app on Windows 11 hyperlinks are no longer opening. I click them and nothing. Previously worked fine. Is this a known issue? Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎7/‎30/‎2021 OS build 22000.348 Serial number 006048375257 Experience Windows...
  4. hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10

hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10: Please let me know how to get rid of the hyperlink text when moving my mouse over it in my email... Mail for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-mail-for-windows-10/63c40a76-54d0-4a00-bdf0-1499f2a2bd1e
  5. Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser: Hi, I just updated my computer the the latest Microsoft Edge browser. Microsoft Edge runs in the background and on the task bar the Edge icon flashes when I click on a hyperlink on Windows 10 mail; However, Edge browser does not pop up to screen. Is there a setting I have...
  6. Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App

Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App: I am unable to open any links if Chrome or Firefox is set as my default browser but I am successful if Edge is the default. Any clue what might be causing this?...
  7. Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail

Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail: When I try to open a hyperlink in Microsoft Mail (Windows 10, Microsoft 365), the link opens in Chrome but does not automatically pop-up on screen. The Chrome icon on the taskbar just flashes and I must then click on the Chrome icon to view the link's content. Is there a way...
  8. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  9. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge browser always open: when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/f6beb25b-7d07-4fb4-9168-4c09402473f8
  10. Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

in Browsers and Email
    Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages: How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ? Walter 97741

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to use hyperlinks in Windows mail and browsers

2. hyperlinks in threads

3. hyperlinks to file opens up in edge