Windows 10: Hyperlinks in Word not working.

Discus and support Hyperlinks in Word not working. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I use the Word document program from Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. My OS is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, and I use Firefox as my browser.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kithra, May 20, 2021.

1. kithra Win User

Hyperlinks in Word not working.

I use the Word document program from Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. My OS is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, and I use Firefox as my browser. I like to copy a hyperlink from the Internet onto my Word page. Normally I then use the return key, or space bar, and the hyperlink turns blue. After that I can click on it and be taken to the site I copied it from. However, Im now finding that this is no longer happening and I cant make any link live. Could this be a problem caused by the latest Windows 10 Update, and if it is how can I fix it so my links work again?

:)

kithra, May 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Hyperlinks not working

Hi, suggest you check these associations:

Hyperlinks in Word not working. [​IMG]

(I assume you mean clicking on them doesn't open a browser).

dalchina, May 20, 2021
  3. AgedNerd Win User
    Hyperlink window crashes Word & Outlook 2013 (Windows 10)

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect it is a problem with some update, but I kind of hate just starting to uninstall all of them, one by one, to find the culprit. I did find a workaround. I can paste the URL directly into the document, which then gets
    it converted to a hyperlink without using the hyperlink window. Then I insert into the URL the words I want the hyperlink to relate to, then delete the rest of the URL. A little clumsy, but doable.

AgedNerd, May 20, 2021
  4. Hyperlinks in Word not working.

windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Hyperlinks in Word not working.

1. Hyperlinks in Word not working. - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks Word working

2. Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF: I have been using MS word for over 20 years. I am running Windows 10 with tons of ram and MS Word 2010. There is a fatal problem when printing doc or docx containing hyperlinks to PDF. I tried both Adobe Acrobat 9 and Microsoft PDF printer. This bug occurs in either PDF...
  3. Hyperlinks not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks not working: Hyperlinks not working. Receive message "Operations has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer". Google Chrome is my default for browser. Shows in apps for default browser and email. I do not have Internet Explorer App showing anywhere, and this gets...
  4. hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work.: hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work. computer has just been upgraded from windows7 to windows10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlinks-between-word-documents-on-hard-drive-no/c36a34cd-a2f1-47d0-99b8-7d150f5aab75"
  5. SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word: My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in Word or in an email (I use Office 2010 on Windows 10). This is the message I get: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried the...
  6. cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word: My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in Word or in an email (I use Office 2010 on Windows 10). This is the message I get: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried the...
  7. Hyperlinks not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlinks not working: Following a torrid week of 3 Windows 10 cumulative updates [KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) (twice) and KB4505056 (OS Build 17763.504)] which each wiped almost all of my programme settings, the problem I am left with is an ability to click through hyperlinks in messages on...
  8. Hyperlinks not working in Works 9.0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks not working in Works 9.0: I recently got a new computer with Windows 10 Home. To keep my old Works files I installed Works 9 and it's working well for the most part. But one issue I'm having is the hyperlinks in the documents don't take me to the Internet when they're clicked. I've looked at...
  9. Hyperlinks not working

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks not working: Hello there Recently I noticed hyperlinks in outlook do not works. is there any fix? Thank you 88652
  10. Hyperlinks not working in Email.

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks not working in Email.: When I click on a link in my email, it does nothing, goes nowhere. This happens in Edge as well as Chrome. I have Office 2007. This just started happening. If I copy the link and paste it, it seems fine. Need some help out there guys and gals. You have been pretty good to me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com