Windows 10: Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

Discus and support Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hyperlinks do not work or contain links in the mail. When you receive an email and when you open regardless in outlook, Gmail or in yahoo itself you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolPerkins1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

Hyperlinks do not work or contain links in the mail. When you receive an email and when you open regardless in outlook, Gmail or in yahoo itself you always see a blue line under the hyperlink. All you have to do is to move your mouse over and click on it and links open and take you to whatever web-page.

When it comes to Windows mail app, hyperlinks do not come with a blue underline and all you see is just words just like rest of the email. Some hyperlinks come with black dots underneath that do work, other hyperlinks come with nothing at all. Some emails come in what looks like computer code. I'd attach samples, but this message box won't allow me to cut and paste them.

Thank s for your help.

:)

CarolPerkins1, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 4, 2019
  3. tomseys Win User
    Making Mail notifications work consistently

I seem to recall when I first upgraded that the Mail and Calendar was listed there in BA. Then I think after an update it wasn't listed only calendar which supposedly works hand in hand with Mail and they call it Mail and Calendar yet they list it separately in BA. Then I put mail back there by uninstalling and reinstalling Mail and Calendar and did it again on another Reset. I think that is how it went. Maybe they are keeping it out of background apps (as opposed to it being a glitch) because they know it's not working. In any case it has never worked consistently for me no matter what was where and when.

tomseys, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

Hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app not working

Hello Bruce,

As you are facing issues with accessing the hyperlinks in Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in to Windows Store, search for the Mail app and check if there are any updates found for the app.

If so, try to install the update and check if it helps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

1. Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks working consistently

2. hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10: Please let me know how to get rid of the hyperlink text when moving my mouse over it in my email... Mail for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-mail-for-windows-10/63c40a76-54d0-4a00-bdf0-1499f2a2bd1e
  3. Hyperlinks not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks not working: Hyperlinks not working. Receive message "Operations has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer". Google Chrome is my default for browser. Shows in apps for default browser and email. I do not have Internet Explorer App showing anywhere, and this gets...
  4. The hyperlinks in Mail do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The hyperlinks in Mail do not work: When I receive an e-mail that contains a link, when I click on the link, there is an error message saying something like "We were not able to open the link with the details of the link". If I copy the link and paste it in a browser, the link opens. I tried to reinitialize...
  5. Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser: Hi, I just updated my computer the the latest Microsoft Edge browser. Microsoft Edge runs in the background and on the task bar the Edge icon flashes when I click on a hyperlink on Windows 10 mail; However, Edge browser does not pop up to screen. Is there a setting I have...
  6. Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail

Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail: When I try to open a hyperlink in Microsoft Mail (Windows 10, Microsoft 365), the link opens in Chrome but does not automatically pop-up on screen. The Chrome icon on the taskbar just flashes and I must then click on the Chrome icon to view the link's content. Is there a way...
  7. Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app: The hyperlinks contained in the emails I receive in Windows 10 Mail app are not taking me to the link destination. Instead, I'm taken to a Google starting page. * Moved from outlook.com...
  8. Hyperlinks not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlinks not working: Following a torrid week of 3 Windows 10 cumulative updates [KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) (twice) and KB4505056 (OS Build 17763.504)] which each wiped almost all of my programme settings, the problem I am left with is an ability to click through hyperlinks in messages on...
  9. Hyperlinks not working

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks not working: Hello there Recently I noticed hyperlinks in outlook do not works. is there any fix? Thank you 88652
  10. Making Windows Mail notifications work consistently

in Browsers and Email
    Making Windows Mail notifications work consistently: Does anyone know the minimum I need to have set to "on" to get mail notifications to work consistently with action center? Is it possible? Yesterday I got it working pretty consistently and I thought great but today it seems to work only occasionally. I've read this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft hotmail hyperlink not working

2. hyperlinks dont work in mail microsoft edge

3. hyperlinks not working in windows mail

4. mail hyperlinks not working,
  5. hyperlinks not working in mail,
  6. microsoft hyperlinks not working,
  7. hyperlinks dont work in MS Outlook mail w/