Windows 10: Hyperlinks not working in Email.

Discus and support Hyperlinks not working in Email. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on a link in my email, it does nothing, goes nowhere. This happens in Edge as well as Chrome. I have Office 2007. This just started... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dakota37, May 30, 2016.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Hyperlinks not working in Email.

When I click on a link in my email, it does nothing, goes nowhere. This happens in Edge as well as Chrome. I have Office 2007. This just started happening. If I copy the link and paste it, it seems fine. Need some help out there guys and gals. You have been pretty good to me so far.

:)

Dakota37, May 30, 2016

2. Hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app not working

Hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail app don't work - even though they work if you open the email in another application.

The two messages that displays in place of the hyperlink are:

Error! Cannot read or display file, and

Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.

Sometimes the link is still clickable and sometimes it is just plain text. When the reference not valid text is displayed, if you compare the hyperlink when opening the email in another application it looks like text has been added so the hyperlink is now
    different.

eg: part of the url should be IRN%289842731%29 but in mail app becomes IRN%25289842731%2529

BrucePascoe, May 30, 2016
  3. hyperlink not working

Suddenly none of the hyperlinks are working on any browser or In my email. How do I fix this? I am online student and the class is sent hyperlinks to watch.

Leigh_Hill, May 30, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Check that your default .html apps are correctly set up in "Choose Default Apps by Filetype"

Hyperlinks not working in Email. [​IMG]

philc43, May 30, 2016
  5. Dakota37 Win User
    Seems to be that only the email I have received from Apple "Imore" does this. The rest of the email with links seem to work okay. Is there a reason for this?

Dakota37, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyperlinks not working in Email. - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks working Email

2. Hyperlinks not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks not working: Hyperlinks not working. Receive message "Operations has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer". Google Chrome is my default for browser. Shows in apps for default browser and email. I do not have Internet Explorer App showing anywhere, and this gets...
  3. Hyperlink in email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlink in email: I just started getting a popup of a hyperlink in all my emails when hovering over an image, link or button. Google search shows hundreds of posts objection to this "feature" I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem yet. Thank you...
  4. Add hyperlink to email address

Add hyperlink to email address: Need to add hyperlink to email address RMC doesn't work on WordPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-hyperlink-to-email-address/72d46eb2-c38e-49c3-8ab6-0c1cde406099
  5. email hyperlink

email hyperlink: Hi, I cannot open Hyperlinks sent to me by email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-hyperlink/891fd4f0-352b-458e-b5d9-14325df076d7
  6. Sending email from hyperlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending email from hyperlink: I'm running Windows 10, office 365. When I click on a hyperlink either from my Outlook account or from a website link a blue box comes up with an envelope icon asking which account I want to send from. The only option is cancel. The only way I can send is to copy and paste...
  7. Email Hyperlink Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Email Hyperlink Problem: [img] The problem I'm having is a hyperlink problem. As you can see in above photo, the hyperlink to get to the appropriate location is the first highlighted url, but it takes me to the first page in Ten Forums. As you can see, the highlighted hyperlink extends to the...
  8. Hyperlinks not working

Hyperlinks not working: Following a torrid week of 3 Windows 10 cumulative updates [KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) (twice) and KB4505056 (OS Build 17763.504)] which each wiped almost all of my programme settings, the problem I am left with is an ability to click through hyperlinks in messages on...
  9. Hyperlinks are not working in any email app.

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks are not working in any email app.: I have seen earlier posts regarding this but the suggested fixes have not worked for my problem. The hyperlinks are not working in any desktop email app, viz. Mail, Yahoo, Google, TouchMail. What is more is they do not work in the online versions either. Realizing this is...
  10. Hyperlinks not working

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks not working: Hello there Recently I noticed hyperlinks in outlook do not works. is there any fix? Thank you 88652

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperlinks not working in windows 10 mail app

2. email links not working

3. hyperlinks in threads

4. windows 7 microsoft mail program is blocking me from clicking on hyperlinks what do I do,
  5. hyperlinks not working in mts email