Windows 10: Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

Discus and support Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rlee123, Feb 19, 2019.

1. rlee123 Win User

Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

Hello,

I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much.

I downloaded a firmware update for my Brother printer today and an Abode reader update. After restarting, when I click on a hyperlink in Outlook 2016, nothing happens - there is no error message. My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Chrome is my default browser.

Should I perform a reg edit, or is there a Windows repair tool? I didn't find a Win repair tool associated with my specific parameters.

Thanks so much for your help!

:)

rlee123, Feb 19, 2019
  2. facklera Win User

breaking hyperlink in Outlook

Problem with a Space character breaking hyperlink in Outlook? There is a space in the link between DC and Employees. When I paste this text into an Outlook note it only makes the first part of it up to DC the link. How do I make the full link a hyperlink in Outlook so it does not stop after the first space?

facklera, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Phil3 Win User
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

Hyperlinks don't work in windows 10 mail

I am using Mail that comes with Office Student 2016....

I am unable to access hyperlinks within emails I received. When I click on link I a blank page displays and then I receive a sad face icon and that is it.

To even answer your questions I had to do a copy and paste as nothing happened when I clicked on the 'reply' link.

with thanks

Robyn

RobynSinclair1, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

1. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks working clicking

2. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  3. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink: Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an external hyperlink, excel closes. I have read several forums where it says to remove the "god-mode" folder, but I don't see...
  4. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  5. OUTLOOK 2007 Hyperlinks not working in WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OUTLOOK 2007 Hyperlinks not working in WINDOWS 10: Since upgrading to WINDOWS 10 all email Hyperlinks from Outlook 2007 do not work within my preferred browser (FIREFOX). I have attempted to use the default EDGE browser and IE 11 both of which failed. When I used the Thunderbird Mail client the Hyperlinks work OK. I...
  6. Unknown message stuck in Outlook 2016 outbox

in Browsers and Email
    Unknown message stuck in Outlook 2016 outbox: The last two days I've noticed when I start Outlook (I have Office 365) it tries to send a message but fails and error code 0x800CCC0F is generated (see screen shots). If I send an e-mail, the e-mail is sent but whatever is stuck also tries to send. Not sure how to correct...
  7. Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working: I hope someone can help. I am not sure what started this, but a couple of weeks ago the hyperlinks in e-mail stopped working. Now hyperlinks don't work in other office products. The only thing I can think of is that Outlook stopped working and I reinstalled - nothing at...
  8. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...
  9. Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts: Hello: Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically, by default, add the people I send e-mails to using Outlook 2016 into the contacts list? I know that some other e-mail clients have a way to do this, but I have not discovered it yet in Outlook 2016. Thanks...
  10. MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink: User @Zardoc posted warning about puting GodMode (access to all Control panel items) shortcut to specific folders, as it will make Office apps crash when inserting hyperlink. I've confirmed this behavior, as have had exactly the same problem on one computer. Word crashed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 hyperlinks not working

2. outlook 365 hyperlinks not working

3. windows 10 with outlook 2016 hyperlinks not working

4. outlook 365 hyperlinks dont work,
  5. outlook error when clicking hyperlinks,
  6. outlook hyperlinks not working windows 10,
  7. win 10 hyperlinks outlook not oening,
  8. hyperlinks not working in outlook O365,
  9. hyperlinks not working in outlook,
  10. outlook hyperlinks not working,
  11. excel closes when i click on hyperlink,