Windows 10: HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

Discus and support HyperV and Grub mouse issue. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So I decided to install ubuntu alongside windows in a Hyper-V VM (more as an experiment than desire). It all went fine without any hitches. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Jul 31, 2020.

1. cereberus Win User

HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

So I decided to install ubuntu alongside windows in a Hyper-V VM (more as an experiment than desire).

It all went fine without any hitches. The only problem I have come across is the GRUB selection menu is like the old style Windows 7 dual boot menus and only responds to keyboard entry i.e. you cannot select an option using a mouse.

This is not such a big deal if at the PC, but is a real PITA when accessing VM using RDP from a remote tablet or pc. I just could not select any option other than the default selection.

So any ideas how to get grub recognise mouse input (I did google and virtually all sites said it was not possible but of course our Gurus here often know better :-D.)?

:)

cereberus, Jul 31, 2020
  2. jimbob Win User

HyperV does not respect screen res set in grub for Android x86?

Hi.
    I'm running Android x86 using HyperV.
    I want to change the screen res to 800x600.
    To do that, I add the following line to the grub boot menu: vga=789
    I've also tried adding it to the menu.lst file

It seems that the GRUB respects this setting, but as soon as it hands over to Android, it overrides it with the default resolution, which makes the window too big for my screen.

What am I doing wrong?

jimbob, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 31, 2020
  4. HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

Starting Problem in Windows 10, grub issue

Thank you for posting back.

This might require fixing the boot record of the partition and the MBR of the disk where the partition is placed. Try this steps to run a repair:

1. Open Command Prompt as admin.
    2. Enter (or copy and paste) this command-line.

Code:
    bootsect /nt60 drive_letter: /mbr
    Replace [i]drive letter[/i] with your actual driver letter.
    Example: bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr

You can also refer to this thread
    for further information on how to remove grub boot loader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

1. HyperV and Grub mouse issue. - Similar Threads - HyperV Grub mouse

2. HyperV+wXP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperV+wXP: Anyone here tried wXP in HyperV and no LAN how did you add the LAN driver to the VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervwxp/3ad817b5-d0f8-447e-a255-f647aba37b8c
  3. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GNU GRUB issue: I recently deleted the KDE Neon partition in Disk Management Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C55T. Now, I just have Windows 10 installed, only. When I restarted my laptop, I got into the GNU GRUB command line. I have tried the command below, but it did NOT work.chainloader...
  4. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNU GRUB issue: I recently deleted the KDE Neon partition in Disk Management Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C55T. Now, I just have Windows 10 installed, only. When I restarted my laptop, I got into the GNU GRUB command line. I have tried the command below, but it did NOT work.chainloader...
  5. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM: submitted by /u/tyanu_khah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flbbf4/issue_with_connecting_to_a_newly_created_hyperv_vm/
  7. HyperV does not respect screen res set in grub for Android x86?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HyperV does not respect screen res set in grub for Android x86?: Hi. I'm running Android x86 using HyperV. I want to change the screen res to 800x600. To do that, I add the following line to the grub boot menu: vga=789 I've also tried adding it to the menu.lst file It seems that the GRUB respects this setting, but as soon as it hands over...
  8. HyperV Management issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HyperV Management issues: Suddenly, Hyper-V Manager is not showing any of my VMs. About my only option is "Connect to Server". When I try to connect to the service locally, I get a message saying to check theat the Virtual Machine Management Service is running. VMMS.exe appears to be running....
  9. HyperV error?

HyperV error?: Can somebody help me with this? According to Hyper V Manager it says it's encountered an error trying to access an object on computer (mycomp) and that MMC says something about Virtual Machine Management must be enabled? Im at a loss at what that is :/ 2147
  10. Windows HyperV

Windows HyperV: In order to test apps before installing them I would like a VM. I have Windows 10 Pro, 6GB RAM, my network adapter is 802.11n + version 6.30.223.256. I think I have to enable virtualization in my old BIOS, then at control panel>windows features, check virtualization or...