Windows 10: HyperV has no video acceleration.

Discus and support HyperV has no video acceleration. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have been trying to get my Vista x64 Ultimate video card to work in HyperV on Win10 1903 ( all up to date ). I have an Nvidia 660GTX and in VM I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by farrellart, Aug 13, 2019.

1. HyperV has no video acceleration.

I have been trying to get my Vista x64 Ultimate video card to work in HyperV on Win10 1903 ( all up to date ).

I have an Nvidia 660GTX and in VM I can only get Svga to work. The screen resolution is 1600 x 1200 @16bit colour. I know hardware is emulated but is there a way to simulate the graphic card?

:)

farrellart, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Aug 13, 2019
  3. intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome

It is not just for video decoding.

If you go to chrome://gpu you can see what is being accelerated.

PolarNettles, Aug 13, 2019
  4. HyperV has no video acceleration.

3D accelerator

Hi Janine,

The availability of 3D accelerator depends on the graphics card that your system has. If the graphics card supports it, then that option is available. To verify the graphics card you have, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Display adapters category.
    3. Please take note of the graphics card/s you have on the list.

To ensure that your graphics card is up-to-date, I suggest updating its driver. Please check out and follow the steps provided on this link:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Please update this thread on how it goes and kindly include the information regarding the graphics card found in Device Manager.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

HyperV has no video acceleration.

1. HyperV has no video acceleration. - Similar Threads - HyperV has video

2. HyperV+wXP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperV+wXP: Anyone here tried wXP in HyperV and no LAN how did you add the LAN driver to the VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervwxp/3ad817b5-d0f8-447e-a255-f647aba37b8c
  3. HyperV+wXP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperV+wXP: Anyone here tried wXP in HyperV and no LAN how did you add the LAN driver to the VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervwxp/3ad817b5-d0f8-447e-a255-f647aba37b8c
  4. Production Checkpoint on HyperV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Production Checkpoint on HyperV: We are despairing. We are desperately trying to create a production snapshot for our VM in the cluster. All drives including OS are shared drives. Any attempt to create the snpshot fails with the following error: "The checkpoint for "SQL-Koeln_***_***" cannot be created...
  5. Production Checkpoint on HyperV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Production Checkpoint on HyperV: We are despairing. We are desperately trying to create a production snapshot for our VM in the cluster. All drives including OS are shared drives. Any attempt to create the snpshot fails with the following error: "The checkpoint for "SQL-Koeln_***_***" cannot be created...
  6. Enabling HyperV on Home

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enabling HyperV on Home: Whilst perusing web, I discovered how to enable HyperV in Home and it is surprisingly easy. WARNING - Make an image backup first before doing this - I accept no responsibility if this goes wrong. Firstly, (obviously) bios has to be set for virtualisation. Then copy text...
  7. Unable to uninstall HyperV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall HyperV: I have installed HyperV before for Docker, now it's always omnipresent and I'm unable to uninstall it. There's dozen of services, some of them are always running, there's HyperV network adapter and sometimes restarting/turning off takes a minute, because Event viewer says...
  8. HyperV Management issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HyperV Management issues: Suddenly, Hyper-V Manager is not showing any of my VMs. About my only option is "Connect to Server". When I try to connect to the service locally, I get a message saying to check theat the Virtual Machine Management Service is running. VMMS.exe appears to be running....
  9. HyperV error?

HyperV error?: Can somebody help me with this? According to Hyper V Manager it says it's encountered an error trying to access an object on computer (mycomp) and that MMC says something about Virtual Machine Management must be enabled? Im at a loss at what that is :/ 2147
  10. Windows HyperV

Windows HyperV: In order to test apps before installing them I would like a VM. I have Windows 10 Pro, 6GB RAM, my network adapter is 802.11n + version 6.30.223.256. I think I have to enable virtualization in my old BIOS, then at control panel>windows features, check virtualization or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v graphics acceleration windows 10

2. hyper V graphics card accelerator

3. accelarated graphics hyperv