Windows 10: HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state.

Discus and support HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I am having this problem that after I startup up desktop machine my virtual machines are in a bad state if restoring a "saved state". This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shaqamaca, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Shaqamaca Win User

HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state.

Hi.

I am having this problem that after I startup up desktop machine my virtual machines are in a bad state if restoring a "saved state".

This appears in the virtual machine as "disk I/O error" and nothing can be written to the disk.

I get these events.

08:32:02 The Snapshots configuration 11156FDE-93C9-40DD-81EE-7E9C86B02FF3 at 'G:\WinDev1****80C at 'G:\WinDev1811Eval.HyperV' is now accessible.

08:31:41 The Virtual Machines configuration 111E6205-215D-459A-A419-A2E6AB90680C at 'G:\WinDev1811Eval.HyperV' is no longer accessible: The device is not ready. (0x80070015).

Rebooting the virtual machine fixes everything so I believe this has to do with some race condition.

For now I try to actually power down my virtual machines so that I cold boot them when I need them and that is a workaround.

But I can't have machines starting automatically when my host boots up due to the above errors.

Strangely enough. I am using Docker and the guest mobylinuxvm does not seem to have this problem.

Should I delay HyperV somehow until host has finished whatever is causing this or is there a known fix ?

:)

Shaqamaca, Mar 7, 2019

2. HyperV machine is corrupted

Dears all,

I have a win server 2012 R2 hosting backup domain controller on a virtual machine, suddenly we came last week and we found the virtual machine unable to boot the win server, we have tried to do all possible suggestion from the internet without luck.

kindly note that we don't have any snapshots or backup for the virtual machine,

is there any tool to fix this issue? or in such cases what we must to do?

Thank you,

IbrahimMigdad, Mar 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 7, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state. - Similar Threads - HyperV machines boot

2. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing: Dear Microsoft Team,I made an Windows 10 22H2 Vitrual Machine on HyperV. I allocated 8GB Of ram but it keeps changing to a lower amout and its very annoying. I have no idea why this is happening but maybe there is a solution for this. It will be appriciated if someone could...
  3. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing: Dear Microsoft Team,I made an Windows 10 22H2 Vitrual Machine on HyperV. I allocated 8GB Of ram but it keeps changing to a lower amout and its very annoying. I have no idea why this is happening but maybe there is a solution for this. It will be appriciated if someone could...
  4. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  6. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  7. How to get this machine to boot up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get this machine to boot up?: Boot up problem keeps going downhill. First was on an infinite loop of "diagnosing your PC" then would just go to a black screen now I can't even boot to a USB for repair, it doesn't show up as an option when I go into the bios, even though ostensibly I have all the...
  8. Sleep Mode Booting Up Incorrectly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Booting Up Incorrectly: Something is wrong with my pc when I sleep it. I will walk you through what happens in order 1. I sleep my pc and it turns of correctly, my screen turns off and so does my pc. 2. I use my keyboard to wake it up from sleep and when I do my monitor gives me a screen with no...
  9. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX): Hi everyone. I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its HyperV vhdx file, but I have inadvertently deleted the boot partition and now the HyperV does not start the machine. I do not...
  10. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV: Hi all, I've been using HyperV to host virtual machines I need for work, but no matter what Linux distribution I am running, I am encountering SSL errors whenever I reach out to remote endpoints. This seems to reliably happen whenever distributions need to perform updates....