Windows 10: Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2

Discus and support Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Have you ever wondered what the difference between a type 1 and type 2 hypervisor is. This drawing shows the principle [img] Type 1 Hypervisors sit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Oct 9, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2

Have you ever wondered what the difference between a type 1 and type 2 hypervisor is. This drawing shows the principle

Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2 [​IMG]

Type 1 Hypervisors sit between the hardware and your virtual machines AND your Host OS.

In effect, your Host OS is turned into a virtual machine as well. Each Guest OS has direct access to the native hardware via interface built into the Hypervisor.

Type 2 Hypervisors sit between your virtual machines AND your Host OS.

The Guest OSs do not have direct access to Host hardware, and use emulated drivers.

There are pluses and minuses with each type:

In the domestic consumer market, the three main players are type 1 - Hyper-V (not for Home users), and type 2 (work with Home) - virtualbox (free version), VMware workstation (free version)

Hyper-V is really more geared to Windows virtual machines but will run alternative OSs but sound is typically not available. Biggest minus is it is not available to Home users.

VirtualBox and VMWare have more flexibility, but require more maintenance, particularly when a build upgrade = occasionally a build upgrade "breaks" the type 2 hypervisor.

Personally, I use Hyper-V as I use it for Insider builds, and my personal experience is it performs better than the type 2 alternatives, and less maintenance overhead. However, not so good for Linux etc.

Nobody can say one is better than the other - it really depends on what you are doing.

Note: Windows does not allow the two hypervisor types to coexist Fortunately, it is quite easy to create two boot entries - one which will start the type 1 Hyper-V hypervisor, and one which will suppress it starting so type 2 can be used instead.

I have no idea if you can run two type 1 hypervisors simultaneously but I suspect not?

:)

cereberus, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Am360 Win User

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 typing slow

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted
    system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Hueristic Win User

BGA Package types

Where can I find a list of Pitcairn and Tahiti types (I.E.) Pinouts.

Hueristic, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2 - Similar Threads - Hypervisor Type Type

2. SOC 1 Type 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOC 1 Type 2: Hello,Does Microsoft have completed a SOC 1 Type 2 audit report that governs the processes and procedures over the Windows Operating System. Specifically the processing of system updates, patches, bug fixes, etc.?...
  3. SOC 1 Type 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOC 1 Type 2: Hello,Does Microsoft have completed a SOC 1 Type 2 audit report that governs the processes and procedures over the Windows Operating System. Specifically the processing of system updates, patches, bug fixes, etc.?...
  4. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  5. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  6. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Activating Windows in a type 2 hypervisor Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows in a type 2 hypervisor Virtualbox: Hi all, I want to activate my Windows installation on Virtualbox, which is an open source type 2 hypervisor. I am currently running a Linux installation Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS as my main OS. I have a windows 10 pro that I purchased through the Microsoft store, and Windows 10 home...
  8. Type 1 fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type 1 fonts: Type 1 Fonts will not install in Windows 10. Tried over and over. Install, wont stay installed as soon as I use a program. Microsoft's tech solution was to turn off Defender and reinstall, didn't make sense, didn't work either....
  9. Best free (preferably open source) type 1 hypervisor

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best free (preferably open source) type 1 hypervisor: I'm planning to repurpose my old PC (AMD Athlon FX-8350, 32 GB of RAM, Geforce GTX 770) as a server. For the fileserver part my intention is to use FreeNAS. But since the machine would be fairly overpowered for that use case I thought of using a type 1 hypervisor which would...
  10. Typing lag - 1 second approx

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Typing lag - 1 second approx: I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried many other ideas but this one worked - not sure why (please enlighten if you can). Troubleshoot the program in question. Then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. type 1 and type 2 hypervisor Microsoft