Windows 10: Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied

Discus and support Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello can someone please help? I can't offline an external drive, and thumb drives have no option to do this. This is so I can pass a USB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied

Hello can someone please help?

I can't offline an external drive, and thumb drives have no option to do this. This is so I can pass a USB drive device to Hypervisor V so I can store a image with Windows PE made in Hypervisor.

Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied eaa4fba8-4d48-431f-ade7-7de8ca2e056d?upload=true.png

Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied 5d47f506-d2a0-4235-88bc-5077962fc96b?upload=true.png

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Aug 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 : USB thumb drives are unusable

I have a Windows 10 Pro (v.1703) laptop that denies writing of data to usb thumb drives.

I've tried several drives and all behave the same:

The OS sees the drive and can read data written to it by Windows 7 computers.

The drive can be formatted by Windows 10.

Attempts to write data to the drive result in this error :

Destination Folder Access Denied.

I AM an admin on this computer yet some additional admin rights are required to

write to the USB drive. I am never prompted for credentials.

I can find no tool with which to grant the necessary rights, so rendering all usb

thumb drives incompatible with this computer.

I have tried many solutions (RegEdits, etc) to this rather disasterous issue and none have

been effective.

Frustrating indeed.

Any suggestions ?

Sean Nelson (snelson), Aug 28, 2020
  3. M A Weiss Win User
    Ubuntu 19.04 Under Hypervisor: No USB Thumb Drive Support?

Okay.. It was a little tricky, because I cannot type in the feedback fields--it turns my Wacom stylus into a writing pen and I must hand write my feedback instead of typing, but I managed to get my question posted under the following:

"Ubuntu 19.04 Under Hypervisor, no USB Thumb Drive Support"

Thanks for your help!

M A Weiss, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied

Thumb Drive Problem

When I put in my thumb drive, the taskbar says that the thumb drive is fully inside.(Hint if you don't no : Thumb drive picture with a tick on right.) But on file explorer, it only has my computer disks but not my thumb drive. If you could help, please
    reply. Thank You.

ITProWindows at ROBLOX, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied

1. Hypervisor V and using a thumb drive offline drive saying denied - Similar Threads - Hypervisor using thumb

2. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  3. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  6. Thumb Drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumb Drive not working: I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drive-not-working/3f7f37c7-f7d1-42ea-a644-4afbb523dc33
  7. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  8. Syncing Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Syncing Thumb Drive: Our church secretary likes to keep most of her documents on a thumb drive which creates a problem when she's gone, since no one but her has her drive. We've asked that she keep church stuff on the churches computers for this reason, but to no avail. She said this time, "I...
  9. Where To Purchase Windows Defender Offline Thumb Boot Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where To Purchase Windows Defender Offline Thumb Boot Drive: I'm convinced my computer is running some kind of behind the scenes malware. Signs are that there are popups that appear and go away so fast that they can't be identified; ads popping up in search results leading to google leads services, which come to pages that don't load;...
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165