Windows 10: HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro[ATTACH] AsRock H97 Pro4 Motherboard MSI GTX 970 Intel Core i5-4460 3.20ghz 20GB DDR4 RAM 500GB Crucial SSD I use a HyperX Cloud 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColeBaci, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ColeBaci Win User

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 Pro HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade. 18e9c61a-9e5b-4526-a16d-f9ad0fbd5592?upload=true.png
    AsRock H97 Pro4 Motherboard
    MSI GTX 970
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.20ghz

20GB DDR4 RAM
    500GB Crucial SSD

I use a HyperX Cloud 2 Gaming Headset for audio calls and voice communication on my PC. Recently I upgraded my Operating System to Windows 10, from Windows 7 and my friends in Discord/Audio calls have told me that my voice through the microphone sounds absolutely horrible and scratchy now as opposed to when I had Windows 7 installed and it was crystal clear.

I've gone through the full driver installation process for new OS installs and cleared everything. Fidgeted with audio preferences in Windows 10, Discord settings etc as much as I could. Certain sites recommended disabling Audio enhancements through the Audio preferences in Windows and that did nothing. Unfortunately i have no "convenient" way of demonstrating what it sounds like but it I'm at my wits end on this I've uninstalled, and reinstalled several different versions of compatible Realtek drivers, audio drivers, and reinstalling the Hyper X drivers, nothing is fixing this quality issue.

:)

ColeBaci, Jan 29, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset

HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, solidifies its commitment to creating quality gaming gear for everyone with the release of the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset. Designed to make even the most casual gamer feel like a pro, the HyperX Cloud Stinger features HyperX signature memory foam and 50mm directional drivers to deliver a comfortable, high-quality sound experience at an affordable price.

HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs just 275 grams and is built with 90-degree rotating ear cups to provide hours of comfort for console and PC gaming. The lightweight headset includes 50 mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear, resulting in a broader and more accurate in-game sound. HyperX Cloud Stinger also offers a convenient set of features for gameplay, including a swivel to mute the microphone, an adjustable steel slider for long lasting durability, and volume controls on the headset.

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade. 6a_thm.jpg

"Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more."

With optimal audio performance and sound quality, the HyperX Cloud Stinger ensures crisp and clear audio to help gamers quickly locate rivals for gameplay advantage across platforms. HyperX Cloud Stinger has multi-platform compatibility out-of-the-box with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and mobile devices.

"HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn't expect anything less," said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. "The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class."

HyperX Cloud Stinger Key Features:
    • Lightweight Design - Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
    • Audio Precision - Optimal audio performance and sound quality
    • Adjustable Steel Slider - Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
    • Intuitive Volume Control - Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
    • Noise-Cancellation Microphone - Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
    • Multi-Platform Compatibility - Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
    Additional HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:

Headphones
    • Driver: Dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
    • Type: Circumaural; closed back
    • Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
    • Impedance: 30 Ω
    • Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
    • T.H.D: ≦ 2%
    • Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
    • Weight: 275g
    • Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
    • Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
    Microphone
    • Element: Electret condenser microphone
    • Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
    • Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
    • Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

btarunr, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Microphone issue Hyperx Cloud 2 headset

The option to roll back to an older version is automatically provided on the option when you're in the properties window of the audio driver. Regarding your concern, you may need to update the firmware of the
    Hyperx Cloud 2 Headset. Updating of the firmware will make sure that it will be compatible with your audio driver. We suggest that you visit the
    manufacturer's website and look for the process on how to update the firmware. After performing the update, uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver, it should be working properly.

Feel free to respond if you need more help.

Louie Del, Jan 29, 2019
  4. HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

I made an account just to describe my similar situation. It could possibly apply to some of you who haven't gotten your mic to work yet:

• I bought a HyperX Cloud headset (the one without the soundcard).
    • After two months the microphone randomly stopped working after not being used for a week. Headset played sound normally.
    • Tested and checked a lot of things - turned out the microphone worked fine, but the cord coming from the headset to the dongle was the problem.
    • Reported the product as defective to my local store and they confirmed my suspicion and replaced the device.

But it's not where it ends.

• I now have HyperX Cloud 2 with the soundcard after trading headsets with my boyfriend.
    • In the SAME EXACT fashion the microphone stopped working again on a completely different headset.
    • Tested it again and it's THE SAME ISSUE. The cord coming from the headset is defective, mic is actually fine.
    • I emailed the manufacturer and they said to mail them the device, which I'll be doing in the next few days. (update: Kingston replaced the headset and sent me a new one)

I'm certain that this is a type of manufacturing error because this is absurd. I take good care of my equipment and have never experienced things randomly dying on me like this.

So if you haven't yet found a solution, consider testing the microphone on its own (after checking if it isn't muted or disabled) by plugging it straight into the jack on your computer, try it on different machines and if you have a friend with the same
    headset, change the mic and test everything with theirs as well.

EDIT:

For reference I've always used Win 8.1 and my boyfriend was on 8.1 and Windows 10. I had these issues, he never did.

Toxophilia, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

1. HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - HyperX Cloud Headset

2. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  3. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  4. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  6. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  7. Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger

Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger: I just got the HyperX Cloud stinger headset, but my laptop does not seem to pick up the microphone at all, the weird thing is, the sound in my headphones work just fine, it's just the microphone that's not detected, and I've tried everything to find it. I only have one...
  8. (Laptop) Windows doesn't detect my HyperX Cloud Stinger microphone/headset.

(Laptop) Windows doesn't detect my HyperX Cloud Stinger microphone/headset.: [ATTACH] I've tried troubleshooting it but nothing pops up. I expected something like Headset Microphone to appear but it's not appearing. My laptop is a Lenovo Legion Y530, and only one jack. My friends have also said that I sound far and quiet....
  9. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed: Hello, I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm wondering...
  10. Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset: Re HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset There have been a few issues with the 7.1 surround not behaving properly for this headset There is an update that hopefully should resolve these issues ShareFile there are full instructions in the zip file 37003