Windows 10: hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update

Discus and support hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i saw that windows 10 is now free.. so i did an update from my old version of win 10 to the new one.. it my mic just stop working... it shows it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by erickh1_420, Jan 8, 2020.

1. hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update

so i saw that windows 10 is now free.. so i did an update from my old version of win 10 to the new one.. it my mic just stop working... it shows it on the list also on the device manager and also in communication in sounds.. but its not working.. if i do a listen to this device.. i can hear myself .. witch means the mic is fine and also not muted... i did everything from updating drivers reinstall them plug them info onther usb. im about to get my older version back.. i just hope it gonna work again after years

:)

erickh1_420, Jan 8, 2020

2. HyperX mic not working.

Hi RajatBiswas, sorry to hear that, please read and try this, i think it could help you:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/hyperx-clo...

(Please be aware that this is not a microsoft official website)

Pedro_2020, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

I made an account just to describe my similar situation. It could possibly apply to some of you who haven't gotten your mic to work yet:

• I bought a HyperX Cloud headset (the one without the soundcard).
    • After two months the microphone randomly stopped working after not being used for a week. Headset played sound normally.
    • Tested and checked a lot of things - turned out the microphone worked fine, but the cord coming from the headset to the dongle was the problem.
    • Reported the product as defective to my local store and they confirmed my suspicion and replaced the device.

But it's not where it ends.

• I now have HyperX Cloud 2 with the soundcard after trading headsets with my boyfriend.
    • In the SAME EXACT fashion the microphone stopped working again on a completely different headset.
    • Tested it again and it's THE SAME ISSUE. The cord coming from the headset is defective, mic is actually fine.
    • I emailed the manufacturer and they said to mail them the device, which I'll be doing in the next few days. (update: Kingston replaced the headset and sent me a new one)

I'm certain that this is a type of manufacturing error because this is absurd. I take good care of my equipment and have never experienced things randomly dying on me like this.

So if you haven't yet found a solution, consider testing the microphone on its own (after checking if it isn't muted or disabled) by plugging it straight into the jack on your computer, try it on different machines and if you have a friend with the same
    headset, change the mic and test everything with theirs as well.

EDIT:

For reference I've always used Win 8.1 and my boyfriend was on 8.1 and Windows 10. I had these issues, he never did.

Toxophilia, Jan 8, 2020
  4. hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Microphone is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you facing the issue only with Discord application?
    2. Have you tried using any other headset/microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try disabling NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and click on
      Disable.

Method 2;

Update the firmware for HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset, you can download the firmware from the official

website of HyperX

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update

1. hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update - Similar Threads - hyperx cloud mic

2. hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11: i have a headset hyperx cloud2 wired after an update of windows 11 when active from controller 7.1 sound nothing change. I try everything about drivers or anything else to change usb port to update windows or the driver from device manager. nothing change. I try to another pc...
  3. hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11: i have a headset hyperx cloud2 wired after an update of windows 11 when active from controller 7.1 sound nothing change. I try everything about drivers or anything else to change usb port to update windows or the driver from device manager. nothing change. I try to another pc...
  4. Hyperx cloud alpha S mic not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperx cloud alpha S mic not working on Windows 11: Hello, I just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 , the model is Dell G15 5511, and when trying to use my headset Hyperx Cloud Alpha S the mic is not recognized, nor are the headphones being recognized as headphones recognized as speakers. I have tried to update all of...
  5. Hyperx cloud alpha S mic not working on Windows 11

Hyperx cloud alpha S mic not working on Windows 11: Hello, I just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 , the model is Dell G15 5511, and when trying to use my headset Hyperx Cloud Alpha S the mic is not recognized, nor are the headphones being recognized as headphones recognized as speakers. I have tried to update all of...
  6. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  7. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  8. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working: So let me explain this: Before the Windows update, it was working fine. It's a simple HyperX Cloud Stinger and it worked fine for a long while before the Windows 10 update. After the update it stopped working. The headset itself is fairly new about say 1 year or so maybe, it...
  9. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working: Hello, I have recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset and when i try to talk it doesn't pick up my voice. When I try to talk using discord it says that it doesn't detect an input device even though I plugged the cable to my microphone port. When I go to the...
  10. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed: Hello, I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm wondering...