Windows 10: HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

Discus and support HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've had a new headset, the HyperX Cloud II, for a few minutes. I like the headset, but suddenly my microphone doesn't work. At the beginning,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by peepoFrank, Jul 29, 2022.

1. HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

Hello, I've had a new headset, the HyperX Cloud II, for a few minutes. I like the headset, but suddenly my microphone doesn't work. At the beginning, when I plugged everything in, the drivers were installed and I tested the microphone in Discord and in the settings, everything was good, but now it suddenly doesn't work anymore. Only the microphone What to do?In addition, the microphone is set to 0dB and I can't move it to the right with the mouse. When I press Balance and want to move the arrow to the right, nothing happens either. Even if I want to make the microphone louder with the cabl

:)

peepoFrank, Jul 29, 2022
  2. blabla21 Win User

Microphone not working on Kingston HyperX Cloud

Hey guys.

Recently I've been trying to set up my mic on my headset Kingston HyperX Cloud (1 not 2), and have not succeeded, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I've been trying to find the problem by googling it and I can't manage to find it all of them just say to make sure that the microphone is properly plugged in (which it is), make sure that the mute button is switched on the control box (which it is since I tried on both sides when switched).

I try to test it through many ways but it still I don't succeed.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

blabla21, Jul 29, 2022
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You try this options to fix the issue:

Fix #01: Check your connections

The first and the most simple cure to your problem is to check your connections. Many times the connection is loose or the microphone is not plugged in properly which leads to mic failure. Check and fix the loose or hanging microphone connected to your device
    to solve the issue in no time.

Fix #02: Enable audio devices

Your HyperX Cloud Stinger mic may not be working because your audio devices are disbaled. You can enable them from audio settings on your device. Simply go to your audio settings and enable the mic and speakers from there. Make sure they are not muted or the
    volume is not too low, which might make you think that the mic or speaker is not working.

Fix #03: Set HyperX Cloud Stinger mic as the default device

Maybe your HyperX Cloud Stinger mic is disabled or not set as the default device on your computer. You can easily re-enable it and set it as the default device as follows:

-Press Win+R key to bring up the Run dialog, then type “control” and press Enter.

-In Control Panel, select Large icons from the View by drop down menu in the top right corner.

-Click on Sound.

-Click the Recording tab, then right-click on any empty place inside the device list and select Show Disabled Devices.

-Right-click the Headset Microphone and select Enable. Then right-click it again and select Set as Default Device.

Fix #04: Update your headset driver

The mic on your HyperX Cloud Stinger headset won’t work if you are using wrong or outdated driver. So you should update the driver to see if that’s a problem for you. Follow these steps to do this:

-Open the Sound window following the first three steps from the above Fix #03.

-Go to the Playback tab, right-click on your headphones and select Properties.

-Click on the Properties button in the Controller Information section.

-Then click Change Settings.

-Click the Driver tab and select Update Driver.

-Let the Windows Search automatically for updated driver software.

Once you’ve updated the driver for your HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, restart your computer. Then check to see if the microphone is working.

Fix #05: Reset/reinstall Windows

If the issue persists, chances are your operating system has corrupted files or configurations that are preventing your headphone’s mic from working properly. You can reset or reinstall Windows to solve this problem. Remember to back up your computer first
    to help avoid any data loss.

Once the Windows is reinstalled on your PC, reinstall your headset and see if it fixes the problem for you.

In case the mic on your HyperX Cloud Stinger headset still isn’t working, it’s probably a hardware issue.

Hope this information helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jul 29, 2022
  4. HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Microphone is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you facing the issue only with Discord application?
    2. Have you tried using any other headset/microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try disabling NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and click on
      Disable.

Method 2;

Update the firmware for HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset, you can download the firmware from the official

website of HyperX

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

1. HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do? - Similar Threads - HyperX Cloud microphone

2. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  3. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  4. HyperX Cloud II Can't hear sound in headphones and speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HyperX Cloud II Can't hear sound in headphones and speakers at the same time.: Hi! I've just bought HyperX Cloud II headphones. I plug it by USB, microphone is working, headphones are working - but speakers dont play sound that i hear in headphones game. When i plug Cloud II headphones by jack i can hear in speakers and headphones - but then Microphone...
  5. HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?: Hello, I've had a new headset, the HyperX Cloud II, for a few minutes. I like the headset, but suddenly my microphone doesn't work. At the beginning, when I plugged everything in, the drivers were installed and I tested the microphone in Discord and in the settings,...
  6. HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperX Cloud II microphone does not work, what to do?: Hello, I've had a new headset, the HyperX Cloud II, for a few minutes. I like the headset, but suddenly my microphone doesn't work. At the beginning, when I plugged everything in, the drivers were installed and I tested the microphone in Discord and in the settings,...
  7. Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger

Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger: I just got the HyperX Cloud stinger headset, but my laptop does not seem to pick up the microphone at all, the weird thing is, the sound in my headphones work just fine, it's just the microphone that's not detected, and I've tried everything to find it. I only have one...
  8. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working: So let me explain this: Before the Windows update, it was working fine. It's a simple HyperX Cloud Stinger and it worked fine for a long while before the Windows 10 update. After the update it stopped working. The headset itself is fairly new about say 1 year or so maybe, it...
  9. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working: Hello, I have recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset and when i try to talk it doesn't pick up my voice. When I try to talk using discord it says that it doesn't detect an input device even though I plugged the cable to my microphone port. When I go to the...
  10. Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset: Re HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset There have been a few issues with the 7.1 surround not behaving properly for this headset There is an update that hopefully should resolve these issues ShareFile there are full instructions in the zip file 37003