Windows 10: Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ '

Discus and support Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ ' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keypress doesn't work with my laptop keyboard or USB keyboard, and also does not work with the On-Screen Keyboard. Any solutions for this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Spencer Pickard, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ '

Keypress doesn't work with my laptop keyboard or USB keyboard, and also does not work with the On-Screen Keyboard.

Any solutions for this issue?

P.S. I have tried every "just uninstall and reinstall this software" solution, it doesn't work, please only reply if you have solved this issue yourself.

:)

Spencer Pickard, Jul 30, 2020

2. Hyphen key not working

Hello,

The hyphen key (-) on my keyboard is not registering. However the underscore (_) sign works when holding shift. I have found that the hyphen does not work even on the virtual keyboard.

This happened sporadically today, no windows updates or anything.

Windows version:

Windows 10 Home

Version 1809

OS build 17763.253

JuanSerrano4, Jul 30, 2020
  3. On my keyboard the underscore/hyphen key does not respond. Solution?

On my keyboard the underscore/hyphen key does not respond. Solutions?

Steve Ziegman, Jul 30, 2020
  4. 7thSense Win User

Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ '

How to enter underscores and/or hyphens in the To: address for messaging

Tap and hold . (dot) and you will be able to add underscores and hyphens.

7thSense, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ '

1. Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ ' - Similar Threads - Hyphen Minus key

2. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...: Hello everyone,I have a folder called "Test folder" as it appears in the following path: D:\Test folderand in Test folder i have other folder called "welcome - welcome", notice that the name contains Hyphen-Minus. See the following image:now, when I copy the name of the...
  3. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...: Hello everyone,I have a folder called "Test folder" as it appears in the following path: D:\Test folderand in Test folder i have other folder called "welcome - welcome", notice that the name contains Hyphen-Minus. See the following image:now, when I copy the name of the...
  4. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Minus

Windows 11 Minus: Hi all,I'm wondering, if Microsoft is flexible enough to offer Win10 users an update to Windows 11 on "non-compliant" systems. Let's take my case. My PC is "incompatible" for 2 reasons. My processor i7-6700 is not listed but performing very well on Windows 10 and before on...
  6. The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...: I've found that the dash doesn't work with the virtual keyboard either. To fix that I tried:remove the driver and restartkeyboard troubleshooter...
  7. The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...

The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...: I've found that the dash doesn't work with the virtual keyboard either. To fix that I tried:remove the driver and restartkeyboard troubleshooter...
  8. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde: Hi there,Since January of 2019 my five and six keys along with a few other keys on the keyboard have not been working. I originally chalked this up to a hardware malfunction which is why I'm asking about it two years later. Recently however I found a post on this forum from...
  9. Hyphen key not working.

Hyphen key not working.: My power has gone out 4 times today and now the hyphen key is not working and it is only the one key. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate an actual answer to fix this problem. The key has worked fine on multiple keyboards and for years on...
  10. Hyphen key not working

Hyphen key not working: Hello, The hyphen key (-) on my keyboard is not registering. However the underscore (_) sign works when holding shift. I have found that the hyphen does not work even on the virtual keyboard. This happened sporadically today, no windows updates or anything. Windows...