Windows 10: hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

Discus and support hypothetical question on imaging the system partition . in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What exactly would happen if turned TimeFreeze on, installed an imaging program (or used a portable application) and hot imaged my system partition,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perfection, Nov 25, 2020.

1. hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

What exactly would happen if turned TimeFreeze on, installed an imaging program (or used a portable application) and hot imaged my system partition, saved the image to another non shadowed partition?

:)

perfection, Nov 25, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 System Image restore did not restore D partition

Yes, there is a way to create a partition with unused space and copy the image from the backup. Windows Operating system is our expertise so regarding about the steps, we suggest contacting your OEM about the backup and restore process to get the best
    assistance.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Nov 25, 2020
  4. scomage Win User

hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

Exclude partition from system image.

I have two drives in my system.

Disk manager details - The first drive has 3 partitions:

• System Reserved (System, Active, Primary)
    • Windows 7 (Page File, Primary)
    • Data Partition 1 (Primary)
    The second drive has 2 partitions

• Windows 10 (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary)
    • Data Partition 2 (Primary)
    The first data partition has user profiles and shares used for both operating systems. The second data partition is just extra space to hold data temporarily.

This being said, I would like to create a system image with everything but the second data partition. However, it shows up as a system partition in the system image creation module. If fact, all the partitions except Windows 7 show as system and are default
    selected and cannot be deselected.

Why does the second data partition show as system? Can I remove the system attribute? I have made sure nothing on this volume is indexed and that it does not contain any page, hibernation, or other system files. One of the folders is compressed, but that
    is the only thing special on the volume.

scomage, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

1. hypothetical question on imaging the system partition . - Similar Threads - hypothetical question imaging

2. Hypothetical question - BIOS Update Interrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hypothetical question - BIOS Update Interrupted.: I heard BIOS updates are the riskiest kind of updates. Let's say I was updating my BIOS then something happens which makes the PC shut down unexpectedly. Will Windows need to be re-installed, or is the computer hosed and need physical maintenance?...
  3. Hypothetical question.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hypothetical question.: Let's say we have a laptop with a bad C-drive. Windows 10 isn't running well on it. Well, if you got a replacement C-drive, then inserted it into the computer, replacing the old one, will you get a new, clean Windows 10, or will you be stuck on the crappy version that was on...
  4. System Image in a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image in a partition: Hi, Is it possible to create a system image into a partition that is in the same physical hard drive? So if I have Drive C with the OS, and Drive D with nothing in it, can I create a system image and put it into Drive D?...
  5. Reinstall System Image Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reinstall System Image Question: Reinstall System Image Question – When saving a system image in Windows 10, it saves it as “Windows Image Backup.” I then add the date to the listing and save it. Therefore, I have a list of backups that read like “Windows Image Backup 9-4-19.” So, this is my question. If I...
  6. Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image

Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image: Thanks to this site I am regular Macrium user for System Images. I have read here that it is a good idea to split your OS (C Drive) and your music/docs/videos (to say D Drive) into separate partions. This results in a faster System image to create and restore due to the...
  7. System Image question

System Image question: I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or...
  8. System Image Question

System Image Question: When I go make a system image in Windows 10 and I am at the window "Which drives do you want to include in the backup" I see that EFI System is selected, OS (C) (System) is selected and also WINRETOOLS (system) is selected. There is also a RECOVERY (l) but it is NOT selected....
  9. question about a system image

question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...
  10. System Reserved Partition Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Reserved Partition Question: My system reserved partition keeps expanding!! How do I limit the size? I have checked the forums and internets but not come up with a clear answer A few days ago MS disk image failed because there was not enough free space in the system image partition for the shadow...