Windows 10: I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

Discus and support I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried EVERYTHING to stop a download from not finishing because it's being flagged as a "virus." I've turned off my own antivirus which is Avast,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mood247, May 22, 2020 at 7:47 PM.

1. Mood247 Win User

I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

I have tried EVERYTHING to stop a download from not finishing because it's being flagged as a "virus." I've turned off my own antivirus which is Avast, I don't have Windows Defender, but no matter what, nothing works, it continues to flag it and won't let me download it. I want to be done with this stupid problem as I've spent the last few hours trying to find a work around for something so stupid.

:)

2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

4. I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

Thx for the suggestions. When I looked in properties it seemed to suggest it was v8.x, yet the last version I could find to download was v5.x so seemed a bit of a mismatch. I tried 4 or 5 other anti-virus/malware scanners and none flagged this Trojan in
    the file. Anyway I took it to our IT to sort out and they got it installed, although I suspect all they did was treat it as a false-positive and Allowed it Defender!

fasteddie(2), May 22, 2020 at 7:51 PM
Thema:

I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

1. I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus - Similar Threads - absolutely cannot find

2. I want to stop the Virus and threat protection settings from indicating It needs attention.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to stop the Virus and threat protection settings from indicating It needs attention.: OK Folks, I'm fine with the MS virus & threat protection program but I am flipping tired of continually having to dismiss my settings. So I allow the basic program to run, but I turn off "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic Sample Submission" and lastly "Tamper...
  3. how do i find offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find offlogfile flag: how do i find[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-offlogfile-flag/e22508ac-521e-43f4-a024-9a7483171350
  4. Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus: After a recent 365 update 3/17, I have an Excel doc with VBA and Macros that Security Essentials is flagging as a virus. It deleted and/or disabled all of the macros and vba code and will not allow me to upload the backup file from a thumb drive. The excel doc has been...
  5. hi I cannot find the photos on my pc that I downloaded from my camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hi I cannot find the photos on my pc that I downloaded from my camera: hi I cannot find the photos on my pc that I downloaded from my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-cannot-find-the-photos-on-my-pc-that-i/edca6974-1d85-4beb-9c18-45e8055491b9"
  6. I Want to stop OneDrive from Updating

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Want to stop OneDrive from Updating: I wanted to stop OneDrive from Updating on My Virtual Machine, (yes months ago I asked a question that my VM keeps getting BSOD on Setup, but now it's fixed yay) You may ask: Q: Why do you want to stop OD from updating? A: Because I liked the old icon and want to get...
  7. How do I stop programs from being downloaded on all users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop programs from being downloaded on all users.: whenever i am on my main account, the administrator, and i download something it gets downladed to the other users aswell. I dont like this because the other user account is my school one....
  8. I really want to download sea of thieves but this is stopping it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I really want to download sea of thieves but this is stopping it: I was playing Sea of Thieves fine about a month ago, until the new update rolled out. I couldn't update the game, there was no option therefore, not being able to run it. I uninstalled the game and have done, Wsreset command many times and have searched a lot on YouTube for...
  9. I really want to download sea of thieves but this is stopping it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really want to download sea of thieves but this is stopping it: I was playing Sea of Thieves fine about a month ago, until the new update rolled out. I couldn't update the game, there was no option therefore, not being able to run it. I uninstalled the game and have done, Wsreset command many times and have searched a lot on YouTube for...
  10. I accidentally downloaded a virus

I accidentally downloaded a virus: I accidentally downloaded a virus and it deleted some important files like windows10upgrade. I tries rebooting my drives completly and it didnt work. I think its because it deleted windows10upgrade. If anyone can help me i will be grateful...