Windows 10: I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

Discus and support I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried EVERYTHING to stop a download from not finishing because it's being flagged as a "virus." I've turned off my own antivirus which is Avast,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mood247, May 22, 2020.

1. Mood247 Win User

I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

I have tried EVERYTHING to stop a download from not finishing because it's being flagged as a "virus." I've turned off my own antivirus which is Avast, I don't have Windows Defender, but no matter what, nothing works, it continues to flag it and won't let me download it. I want to be done with this stupid problem as I've spent the last few hours trying to find a work around for something so stupid.

:)

Mood247, May 22, 2020
  2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, May 22, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 22, 2020
  4. I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

Thx for the suggestions. When I looked in properties it seemed to suggest it was v8.x, yet the last version I could find to download was v5.x so seemed a bit of a mismatch. I tried 4 or 5 other anti-virus/malware scanners and none flagged this Trojan in
    the file. Anyway I took it to our IT to sort out and they got it installed, although I suspect all they did was treat it as a false-positive and Allowed it Defender!

fasteddie(2), May 22, 2020
Thema:

I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus

1. I absolutely cannot find a way to stop a file I want to download from being flagged as a virus - Similar Threads - absolutely cannot find

2. i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected: My anti virus flagged this file with trojan:W32/GenInflated.B Ive tried to delete this file but its says I don't have the perms saying "you require perms from NETWORK SERVICE to make changed to this folder". When i go into the content.bin file it freezes my...
  3. i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected: My anti virus flagged this file with trojan:W32/GenInflated.B Ive tried to delete this file but its says I don't have the perms saying "you require perms from NETWORK SERVICE to make changed to this folder". When i go into the content.bin file it freezes my...
  4. Tile App being flagged as Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tile App being flagged as Virus: Tile App is being flagged by Windows 11 Pro as a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tile-app-being-flagged-as-virus/53636fc9-6814-423a-adf6-b9de01892a55
  5. Tile App being flagged as Virus

Tile App being flagged as Virus: Tile App is being flagged by Windows 11 Pro as a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tile-app-being-flagged-as-virus/53636fc9-6814-423a-adf6-b9de01892a55
  6. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  7. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  8. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

9. Criteria for being flagged as Virus/HackTool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Criteria for being flagged as Virus/HackTool: Hi, this is a question for the AV team at Msft:So I have a side project: gsudo a sudo for windows. It is a convenience tool to cherry pick which commands to elevate. I am very open about what risks the user faces when using the tool. All open source and releases are signed...
  10. Cannot download files flagged as insecure in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download files flagged as insecure in Edge: I tried to download virtualbox in 21H1 using Edge and got message download was blocked as potentially unsafe. So I checked smartscreen settings in Windows sSecurity in case they had been turned on with update but they were off including settings for Edge. I checked in Task...