Windows 10: I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image.

Discus and support I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last week I created a system restore image for my computer in case I mess it up. I did just that today, as when I was trying to create a dual boot with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anaggrivatedturtle, Nov 17, 2019.

1. I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image.

Last week I created a system restore image for my computer in case I mess it up. I did just that today, as when I was trying to create a dual boot with Linux, and accidentally wiped my windows partition. While in the system automatic repair, I gi to “system image recovery,” slide in an external usb drive, a disk that I checked and confirmed that it works fully formatted on a different windows pc, and try to pull the iso from my secondary drive. When I hit “create disk” the error “system repair disk could not be created.” “STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003)” comes up. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/anaggrivatedturtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anaggrivatedturtle, Nov 17, 2019
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CI accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CI accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 System Image restore did not restore D partition

Yes, there is a way to create a partition with unused space and copy the image from the backup. Windows Operating system is our expertise so regarding about the steps, we suggest contacting your OEM about the backup and restore process to get the best
    assistance.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Nov 17, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image.

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image.

1. I accedentally deleted my windows partition and can’t use my restore image. - Similar Threads - accedentally deleted partition

2. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  3. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  4. Why can’t I restore windows with backup image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I restore windows with backup image?: So my issue is I am trying to restore windows with my backup image but it keep saying I need a recovery CD and won’t let me proceed. I tried using windows media creation tool to see if that would work but still tells me it doesn’t see a recovery CD and prompts me to make one....
  5. Why can’t I restore windows with backup image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I restore windows with backup image?: So my issue is I am trying to restore windows with my backup image but it keep saying I need a recovery CD and won’t let me proceed. I tried using windows media creation tool to see if that would work but still tells me it doesn’t see a recovery CD and prompts me to make one....
  6. Why can’t I restore windows with backup image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. If I restore my computer to a system image-

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I restore my computer to a system image-: will I lose programs I had when I made the system image? I know I won't lose the files but lets say I had an older version of a program that I can't download again submitted by /u/makeupgain0 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows image restore nuked all my partitions...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows image restore nuked all my partitions...: Good day guys, Under Disk Management, I noticed that there was an empty unallocated partition about 500 MB in size. This was located left most on the layout, so there was no built-in way to merge it with other partitions without deleting those of course, which is not...
  9. Accedentally deleted linked devices with win10 pro lic on my microsoft account, is their a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accedentally deleted linked devices with win10 pro lic on my microsoft account, is their a...: Accedentally deleted linked devices with win10 pro lic on my microsoft account, is their a way to recover my win10 pro license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accedentally-deleted-linked-devices-with-win10-pro/f71a15a3-c771-4fea-97e0-82cd3daf1590"
  10. If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...