Windows 10: I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Discus and support I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short I signed into the xbox app and it linked my local account with my Microsoft account. Now I can't use any app that isn't Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BobDeblonde, Oct 26, 2020.

1. I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Long story short I signed into the xbox app and it linked my local account with my Microsoft account. Now I can't use any app that isn't Microsoft approved and I can't change it. I can't even use my computer for school or work anymore. I at least need a way around this until Microsoft support responds to my query, although since it's been a week I don't have very high hopes. Please someone help me I have run out of options.

submitted by /u/BobDeblonde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BobDeblonde, Oct 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

Hi Forist,

Once you sign into that PC with a Microsoft Account and then log into your Microsoft Account online in a web browser, that PC will be added to your Microsoft Account - Devices, that may not happen straight away, but it will happen . . .

There is no manual way to add a device, the above is the only way to add that PC to your list of devices . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Oct 26, 2020
  4. johnpd Win User

I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

1. I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer - Similar Threads - accidentally added Microsoft

2. How did I brick my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did I brick my pc?: I recently downloaded windowsblinds and uninstalled classic shell. Both before restarting my computer when i restarted, my screen was black and my desktop wouldnt load. When i managed to do a rollback and redid it, it basically bricked my pc. It gives me an endless...
  3. If I sign in with my Microsoft account from the Xbox PC app, will the device be added to my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I sign in with my Microsoft account from the Xbox PC app, will the device be added to my...: Title submitted by /u/FlyingNukeRoach69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobqtc/if_i_sign_in_with_my_microsoft_account_from_the/
  4. Accidentally linked my new PC to an old Microsoft Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally linked my new PC to an old Microsoft Account.: I just built a new PC and when i went to register my Windows i accidentally linked it to a very old account which appears to be an xbox account from 15 years ago. Is there a way to unlink it from that account and relink it to my current Microsoft account which has all my...
  5. adding my child's phone to my microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding my child's phone to my microsoft account: Hello...I am trying to add my child's phone to my microsoft account, the only option I am given when trying to add a device is to add an XBOX and it asks for the serial number. My child is already on my account and her PC is listed as a device under her name, but I have not...
  6. Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account: I accidentally deleted my main laptop from my microsoft account. I tried to use "can't see my devive" to add it back, but it seems like it's only working for surface and xbox. The laptop is still funtioning fine, no problems seems to be happening so far. Is there a way i can...
  7. 2004 corrupted my boot partition and basically bricked my PC save for a clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 corrupted my boot partition and basically bricked my PC save for a clean install: Just as a warning. The 2004 update initially caused random freezes while updating, in the the reboot animations. I rolled back the update via the boot manager, which worked. Today, I tried again and the boot sector got corrupted - no repair or anything working. I'm currently...
  8. adding a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding a device to my microsoft account: I cant seem to add another PC to my account even though it says I have up to 10 available to add. When I go to the add device screen it doesn't appear, says my device is turned off which it isn't and then when I try to add a device it just takes me back to the instruction...
  9. Adding my picture to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding my picture to my account: I went into my account and wanted to add my picture. I tried right clicking on it the pic there. Don't see an option for it . Not in my stats either. I see a lot of blank pics so looks like a lot of us don't know how to do it. 57789
  10. Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!: I think I've DONE it this time!*Redface Don't really want to discuss it but I might need some help! *Sick 3117