Windows 10: I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Discus and support I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short I signed into the xbox app and it linked my local account with my Microsoft account. Now I can't use any app that isn't Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BobDeblonde, Oct 26, 2020.

1. I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Long story short I signed into the xbox app and it linked my local account with my Microsoft account. Now I can't use any app that isn't Microsoft approved and I can't change it. I can't even use my computer for school or work anymore. I at least need a way around this until Microsoft support responds to my query, although since it's been a week I don't have very high hopes. Please someone help me I have run out of options.

submitted by /u/BobDeblonde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BobDeblonde, Oct 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

Hi Forist,

Once you sign into that PC with a Microsoft Account and then log into your Microsoft Account online in a web browser, that PC will be added to your Microsoft Account - Devices, that may not happen straight away, but it will happen . . .

There is no manual way to add a device, the above is the only way to add that PC to your list of devices . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Oct 26, 2020
  4. johnpd Win User

I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer

1. I accidentally added my Microsoft Account to my PC and it's basically bricked my computer - Similar Threads - accidentally added Microsoft

2. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  3. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  4. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account: This morning when I tired to sign in to my laptop it said I had to re-sign in on windows. I've been having problems with this account telling me to send a confirmation email to a recovery email that I don't have access to anymore. I've tried the account recovery form many...
  6. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account: This morning when I tired to sign in to my laptop it said I had to re-sign in on windows. I've been having problems with this account telling me to send a confirmation email to a recovery email that I don't have access to anymore. I've tried the account recovery form many...
  7. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer: I recently received my computer back from the ASUS repair shop. It had been returned to factory settings. I bought it in 2017. To log in I created a local account. I transferred my files back into the c and d drives. When I went into settings to add my Microsoft account...
  9. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my PC bricked?: So... I wanted to reset my PC, because I was going to sell it, and I decided to reset to factory settings. During the process, the power cut out, after power came back, I turned the PC on, and it kept showing that nothing was reset. After restarting, I tried to reset once...
  10. I accidentally added my Microsoft 365 to a friends new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally added my Microsoft 365 to a friends new computer: Sharing my Microsoft 365 has allowed my friends computer to have access to all my documents. How do I delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-added-my-microsoft-365-to-a-friends/22e28983-5e3b-4054-9370-17aa593aeb07