Windows 10: I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.

Discus and support I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have already disconnected my school account, but I cannot sign into Microsoft Edge with my personal account and it gives me a code: 0x800704ec I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheMinerBoy65, Dec 5, 2020.

1. I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.

I have already disconnected my school account, but I cannot sign into Microsoft Edge with my personal account and it gives me a code: 0x800704ec

I am using Windows 10 Pro. Also, some of my device settings have been locked or hidden. Furthermore, my personal account's PIN has been limited to 4 numbers.

:)

TheMinerBoy65, Dec 5, 2020
  2. MvdvOR. Win User

How to remove "Mobile Device Managment policies" from my private desktop? (Accidentally clicked on "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Microsoft Teams)

I have a problem and I can't find an answer, even after searching for hours on the internet.

Our school recently started working with Microsoft Teams and Office 365 because of the COVID-19 situation.

When installing Microsoft teams (on my own private computer, not the one that was provided to us), I accidentally checked the "allow my organization to manage my device" box.

I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams. 39d11eb3-cbbb-4062-83b1-524adb60f272?upload=true.jpg

A little while after installing Microsoft Teams my PC restarted and it stated that my organisation wanted me to make a new pincode for logging in.

My Windows Version also got automatically updated.

Then I noticed the following 2 notifications:

I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams. c38d6a0f-8098-4f9b-a735-f3a6da071e6e?upload=true.jpg

I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams. c4a1e0ca-f4e0-48c4-857d-d47450c9ba67?upload=true.jpg

My question is: How do I reverse all of this?

I want to disallow my organization to manage my device and I want to remove all the policies mentioned above.

I already tried logging out and disconnecting my school account under the tab "Access work or school", but to no avail, even after restarting my pc.

MvdvOR., Dec 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    25+ updates for Microsoft Teams for Education for Back to School July

Read more: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...l/ba-p/1554445

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Dean213 Win User

I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.

Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams

I've been working from home for a few months and recently needed to re-sign in to my Microsoft Teams app using my work credentials. I mistakenly blasted through the prompts and left the "Allow my organization to manage my device" box checked. This introduced
    a couple of problems:

1. I do NOT want my work to have ANY access to my device

2. Now when I try to unlock my device, the four-digit PIN I've been using for years is no longer good enough and needs to be changed by "my organization". I use a four-digit simple PIN as a small-step lock that is easy for me to type in. Upgrading to a six-digit
    PIN or a traditional account password as my primary unlocking does not suit my needs.

I've been able to remove my work account from my Windows profile and signed into Teams again, this time leaving the box unchecked. However, even after rebooting, the PIN entry issue persists. I'm now concerned I don't have the necessary privacy and control
    over my own device that I used to have.

Dean213, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.

1. I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams. - Similar Threads - accidentally allowed school

2. Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer: I accidentally allowed my school access to my computer when I was downloading excel and clicked the enable access to a computer. I removed the account from the settings, but it is still managing my laptop after that and has made me change my password multiple times. How can I...
  3. Microsoft Teams not allowing my account to sign in as for work or school

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams not allowing my account to sign in as for work or school: Microsoft Teams has not been allowing me to attend meetings with my supervisor because of a "live.com" issue. I have read other information saying that this is the personal use of Teams accessed through the following link:https://teams.live.comAnother suggestion was to use...
  4. Microsoft Teams not allowing my account to sign in as for work or school

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Teams not allowing my account to sign in as for work or school: Microsoft Teams has not been allowing me to attend meetings with my supervisor because of a "live.com" issue. I have read other information saying that this is the personal use of Teams accessed through the following link:https://teams.live.comAnother suggestion was to use...
  5. Does checking the "Allow my Organization to Manage My Device" in Teams in Office 365...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does checking the "Allow my Organization to Manage My Device" in Teams in Office 365...: I have a Surface Laptop 3. Everything was going well with the machine until I installed Teams and checked "Allow My Organization to Manage My Device" in Office 365. PLEASE NOTE THIS MACHINE IS NOT DOMAIN JOINED.Now I cannot use Windows Hello face recognition at all. The error...
  6. Bitlocker and “Allow my organisation to manage my device" on Teams login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker and “Allow my organisation to manage my device" on Teams login: Hi, Today I carelessly didn't uncheck the "allow my organisation to manage this device" on the Teams login, and I now need to understand what damage has been done and how to repair it. I can see two things: - A work and school account was created. This has been discussed...
  7. Consequences of "Allow my organisation to manage my device" on Teams login

Consequences of "Allow my organisation to manage my device" on Teams login: Hi, Today I carelessly didn't uncheck the "allow my organisation to manage this device" on the Teams login, and I now need to understand what damage has been done and how to repair it. I can see two things: - A work and school account was created. I have removed this. If...
  8. I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off?

I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off?: I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off? It makes me change my PIN every 90 days and I'd rather not have an organization set my personal computer's behavior. How can I undo this without resetting the computer?...
  9. Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams

Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams: I've been working from home for a few months and recently needed to re-sign in to my Microsoft Teams app using my work credentials. I mistakenly blasted through the prompts and left the "Allow my organization to manage my device" box checked. This introduced a couple of...
  10. Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager: Ok so I was trying to fix my bluetooth since it suddenly just went off and I couldnt find it in the tab, long story short I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager and now I need help trying to fix this thanks in advance if someone would answer Laptop is a...