Windows 10: I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name.

Discus and support I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Ok, so today I got a blue screen of death and I wanted to find out what I could do to fix it. I opened this website and it didn't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlphaMKW2004, Oct 29, 2020.

1. I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name.

I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name. iScZSLSV0zzKg5Y-8p_k4HEs4dCqTxJ9ZlkIbZCzuw0.jpg

Ok, so today I got a blue screen of death and I wanted to find out what I could do to fix it.

I opened this website and it didn't seem suspicious at first, and then it asked me to allow notifications. So, me being the absolute fucking dumbass I am without a care in the world, accepted them.

Nothing bad happened at first, but then later on in the day I started getting a barrage of notifications when I opened chrome, and now when I look in the " View permissions and data stored across sites" in the chrome settings, I see websites like these: (see photo below)

I have cleared my browser history too, so I'm scared shitless. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

https://preview.redd.it/qmfwq1cas4w...bp&s=3216e2beaff03bb449bfdd8d5d0c67108c95134a

submitted by /u/AlphaMKW2004
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlphaMKW2004, Oct 29, 2020
  2. 3870x2 Win User

Contest: Post your website names!

I need a site name by tomorrow. List your site names. The winner gets $5 gifted to their paypal for the best (open) website address. The contest is til tomorrow night, however will not end until there are atleast 10 participants. The actual CLEAR rules of the contest is shown below:

1. Each person gets to list 3 different website names (IE www.thebyteclub.com//gamecodewin.biz/thebusiness.org)
    2. The contest will end by tomorrow so long as there are atleast 10 separate participants overall, if not, the contest will run until there are 10 participants.
    3. I reserve the right not to use your website name, but you will still win the $5 via PP. If your website name is used, you will get credit for it on the website.

To be clear, this is a programming website, for programmers to program (mostly games) and post them on the website. For more information about the website, please visit:

New Website for us TPUers

The contest has been extended until thursday, and as a new years gift, the winner will instead receive $8, talk about sizeable income!!

The reasons I have extended are as follows:

1. It is not because I didnt like the names, it is because the names were good, and I want a larger selection!
    2. $5 is miniscule, upping the ante might up interests.
    3. This gives the current contest contenders to change or alter any of their addresses.

I will not be extending this again(for fear of being sued by Dan*Laugh :laughI accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name. :), so if you havent given your input, do so now!

3870x2, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    I`m trying to correct the spelling of my name on my window`s account, but don`t know how , please help.

Hi Myra,

You need to change the name of the account on the Microsoft account website. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name. If there’s no name listed yet, select
      Add name.
    • Enter the name you want, then choose Save. Some names may not be allowed if they contain blocked words or phrases. If you get an error when you enter your name, try a nickname instead.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Oct 29, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name.

New Website for us TPUers

you can find the contest here:
    Contest: Post your website names!

3870x2, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name.

1. I accidentally allowed notifications on a website but I don't know the website name. - Similar Threads - accidentally allowed notifications

2. I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal...: I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal with the company directly and sell copies of Windows or original product keys from Microsoft that are not fake...
  3. I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal...: I want to know the names of websites and online stores accredited by Microsoft and deal with the company directly and sell copies of Windows or original product keys from Microsoft that are not fake...
  4. allow YouTube player but not website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    allow YouTube player but not website: how do I disable the YouTube website using family safety, while still allowing the YouTube player to work and play videos in google drive and other allowed websites?...
  5. I accidentally allowed a Trojan virus after a scan and I don't know how to reverse the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally allowed a Trojan virus after a scan and I don't know how to reverse the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ReapingBell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el8mvd/i_accidentally_allowed_a_trojan_virus_after_a/
  6. Child Account Allowed websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Account Allowed websites: I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to the main page OK. However, if he clicks on any links within that website, he is blocked and has to ask for permission to view...
  7. MSRC Website Not Allowing Submissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSRC Website Not Allowing Submissions: Hello all, I'm trying to report a security vulnerability through MSRC (Microsoft Security Response Center), but the report page at https://msrc.microsoft.com/create-report wont accept my bug. After filling out all of the fields correctly, the error message it gives me...
  8. Notifications from website

in Browsers and Email
    Notifications from website: Hello I used to get notifications in a pop out or whatever it is called. It's like a banner that pops out from the right hand lower corner. Now I no longer get them that way. I think they show now in the action centre but I don't notice that the icon on the bar has turned...
  9. Notifications from website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from website: Hello I used to get notifications in a pop out or whatever it is called. It's like a banner that pops out from the right hand lower corner. Now I no longer get them that way. I think they show now in the action centre but I don't notice that the icon on the bar has turned...
  10. Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows Some websites can show notifications on your computer desktop. By default, Google Chrome asks you if a site can show...