Windows 10: I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC.

Discus and support I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Good Day! My colleague accidentally bought a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro thru Microsoft Store expecting that it would provide he will be... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnE990, Feb 17, 2021.

1. JohnE990 Win User

I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC.

Hi, Good Day!

My colleague accidentally bought a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro thru Microsoft Store expecting that it would provide he will be given a Product Key upon purchase but a digital license was issued instead.

My concern is that is there a way we can have it transferred to a different computer instead, the purchase was only confirmed but the installation was not done on his workstation.

We already tried logging in his microsoft store account on my computer hoping that the install button would be available but still no to avail.

Is there any way we can transfer the digital license purchased on his computer to mine?

Kindly take note that both of us is running on Windows 10 Home Operating System.

Thank you and Best Regards!

:)

JohnE990, Feb 17, 2021

2. Circumvent a digital license?

We bought a Dell Inspiron that shipped with Windows 10 Home installed and a digital license. I am trying to get Windows 10 Pro on it so I can join our domain. I've tried entering our legitimate Pro key, and I'm told it isn't valid. Anytime I try a clean install, it, as expected, skips the OS choice and goes right to Home. I have no option to pick.

I'm also struggling to find a Windows 10 Pro (only Pro) .iso.

So, any suggestions on how to get around this? I'd love to wipe the digital license clean, but I believe that's stored on the motherboard.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Chg101 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am.

Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license from my old laptop to the new one.

The old laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home OEM, which I upgraded to Pro using the Microsoft Store Upgrade earlier this year. I've now gone through the steps of linking my Microsoft Account one my old laptop so that I get the "Windows is activated
    with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message with my Windows 10 Pro license and I made sure my device appears on my Microsoft account.

On my new laptop, I connected my Microsoft account, but the license shows as Windows 10 Home. I then ran the "slmgr /upk" command to uninstall the license from the old laptop and I also removed the old laptop from my Microsoft account. Still, if I try the
    Activation troubleshoot on the new laptop, it always stays on the Windows 10 Home license.

I'm out of ideas, every article I read about transferring a retail Windows 10 Pro digital license said that it was as easy as linking the license to my Microsoft account and then connecting that account on the new PC, but that doesn't work.

Basically, I want my old laptop to revert to its original Windows 10 Home OEM license and I want to upgrade my new laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using my digital license bought on the Microsoft Store.

Anybody here knows how to fix this mess?

Thanks

Chg101, Feb 17, 2021
  4. I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC.

Activating Windows 10 pro using digital license - Issues

I recently bought a brand new PC, and I got windows 10 pro installed (unactivated version) and I was told that I can transfer my digital license 1-time for free. I am struggling to follow the steps, and when I go to activation troubleshooting, it still picks
    up my old PC. Is there a way around this?

Regards

AdamEngela, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC.

1. I accidentally bought a WIndows 10 Pro digital license on a wrong PC. - Similar Threads - accidentally bought Pro

2. WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE: YES I INSTALLED WIN 10 PRO ON MY LAPTOP I BOUGHT THE UPGRADE FROM MICROSOFT INTERNET SITE, NOW I NEED TO REINSTALL IT AFTER MY LAPTOP CRASHED I HAD NO TROUBLE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 BUE I JUST CAN NOT FIND THE DIGITAL LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO WHERE IS IT LOCATED AT AND HOW...
  3. WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE: YES I INSTALLED WIN 10 PRO ON MY LAPTOP I BOUGHT THE UPGRADE FROM MICROSOFT INTERNET SITE, NOW I NEED TO REINSTALL IT AFTER MY LAPTOP CRASHED I HAD NO TROUBLE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 BUE I JUST CAN NOT FIND THE DIGITAL LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO WHERE IS IT LOCATED AT AND HOW...
  4. WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro digital license: Hi, I bought XPS in 2017 that came with Windows 10 Home that i upgraded online to Pro. over the years i upgraded and changed the drives several times, and of course installed Windows 10 Pro on them without issues using the same email that i used to purchase the upgrade. Today...
  6. Windows 10 pro digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro digital license: Hi, I bought XPS in 2017 that came with Windows 10 Home that i upgraded online to Pro. over the years i upgraded and changed the drives several times, and of course installed Windows 10 Pro on them without issues using the same email that i used to purchase the upgrade. Today...
  7. Windows 10 pro digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Bought Windows 10 Pro Digital Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Digital Version: Hi,I don't know why Microsoft makes this so hard to find as I am not paying another $200 for Windows 10 Pro because I cannot get the activation key which is obviously not in the receipt that was emailed to me back in 2017. I no longer can use the one that was originally on my...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Windows 10 Pro Digital License: I've upgraded my office PC recently to Windows 10 Pro acquiring a digital license when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC. Its known that the free Windows 10 upgrade has long expired in 2016 So, Is this Windows 10 digital...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Windows 10 Pro Digital License: During an update my computer experience a problem. I have been unable to roll back or even recover from an image. The machine is in the shop. I need to retrieve the digital license from the billing I received. back in April. I have been looped so many times that the tabs...