Windows 10: I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and...

Discus and support I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to open a .csv file and accidentally selected that I wanted to make Notepad my default program for opening similar files. Soon after all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dig_dude, Nov 26, 2019.

1. dig_dude Win User

I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and...

I was trying to open a .csv file and accidentally selected that I wanted to make Notepad my default program for opening similar files. Soon after all of my thumbnails for programs on my desktop turned to Notepad and no .exe files would run. I reset my default apps in settings and tried to change by file. .Exe isn't in the list of available changes and it won't let me change .csv to anything besides Notepad or Wordpad. I've seen other similar posts that have been fixed by selecting a file and trying something with the "Open with" option but that does not appear for me.

Any help to solve this problem for Windows 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

dig_dude, Nov 26, 2019

2. .exe files opening in notepad

Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks.

CooperMcKinstry, Nov 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad.  Other forum posts and... [​IMG]

- this list:

I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad.  Other forum posts and... [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and...

.csv Format And Notepad Question ?

You can open the csv file in Notepad, save it as txt, and change the extension.

Note- you will need extensions visible-

dalchina, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and... - Similar Threads - accidentally changed csv

2. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  3. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  4. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What forum to post this in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What forum to post this in: I would like to recover files that have been deleted from my recycle bin. I don't know what forum to post a question about this in. 171768
  6. Changing default app for opening a csv file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default app for opening a csv file: I cannot set excel as the default app to open csv files. I have gone through the process of trying to change the default in windows 10. The only options are notepad, wordpad or word. I have tried looking on microsoft 365 website for other apps and have failed to solve this...
  7. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  8. First Post to This Forum

in Windows 10 Support
    First Post to This Forum: Am a newbie and this is my first post to this forum. I think I have set things up correctly but wonder about receiving replies Would someone please reply to this post so I can check whether or not that feature works. Thank you a lot. 132204
  9. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  10. .csv Format And Notepad Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    .csv Format And Notepad Question ?: Hello, I have a radio control programs that uses files copied from various sources to control a sw radio. But, these files must be in .csv format. (perhaps I should be saying that the data in the file must be in .csv format) Let's say I have done a COPY from a web source...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally changed my excel file to a csv file

2. Accidentally changed .exe files windows 10