Windows 10: i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder

Discus and support i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]i tried to move the location of my screenshots folder from C drive to D but i accidentally forgot to choose a folder on where to save it and so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by victorlooez91302, Aug 31, 2020.

1. i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder

i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder 9ac5340c-3c20-4385-8f88-b93b8b13dede?upload=true.png i tried to move the location of my screenshots folder from C drive to D but i accidentally forgot to choose a folder on where to save it and so it saves it directly to my D drive and i have to manually move it everytime

:)

victorlooez91302, Aug 31, 2020

2. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots
    are making a mess of my drive and I don't no how to make the screenshots save to a folder.

ThilankaDR, Aug 31, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Hi ThilankaDR

Open the Registry Editor again, it will still be on the same page

Double click {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} in the right hand pane and set its value date this this, then click OK

%USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots

Close the Registry Editor and restart (not shut down) your PC

That will restore your screenshots folder to its original position, if you like you can move it again, just remember to specify a folder like D:\Screenshots in the location box . . .

DaveM121, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder

1. i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder - Similar Threads - accidentally changed location

2. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  3. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  4. Location of screenshots folder

Location of screenshots folder: I moved my screenshots shortcut from Directly Local Drive without Create a specific folder for it. Now when I use shortcut Win+PrtSysRq to click to save screenshots it get directly save into drive and get mixed with other files. Now I want change the location of screenshot...
  5. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  6. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive: I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be...
  7. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  8. i accidentally moved my download location to D:/

i accidentally moved my download location to D:/: Please help me, i accidentally moved my downloads folder to D:/ and now my system is showing that my D drive is almost full, but when i open it, there is only 1 file i don't have any file in the downloads before , i moves back the downloads to C, but the D drive is still...
  9. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...
  10. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally moved my folder into a shortcut on vista desktop