Windows 10: I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10

Discus and support I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, guys, i have tried to deactivate the stick in the device manager in windows 10. And I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeTiger, Jul 9, 2020.

1. LeTiger Win User

I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10

Hey, guys,

i have tried to deactivate the stick in the device manager in windows 10. And I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10. Now my PC won't start anymore. Please please please please I need urgent help can someone tell me how I can activate the drive in the BIOS?

PEOPLE PLEASE

:)

LeTiger, Jul 9, 2020
  2. H B Tan Win User

Migrating Windows 10 Home on a 250 GB 5400 rpm HDD to a new SSD on My Notebook

Dear Sirs ,

I am not much of a computer expert , probably know the basics only

My question is as below :

I am using a DELL Inspiron 1440 Notebook which has served me fine for 5 years now and I do not plan to change it except for the HDD

This Notebook is now running on Windows 10 Home after upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium

Due to the age of the 250 GB 5400 rpm HDD , I want to change to a New SSD

I do not need to keep any info from the old HDD , just a clean format , start everything from new

I will be doing everything myself , not via a Computer Expert

Will I be able to retain my Licensed Windows 10 Home on my New SSD ?

Will I be able to retain my Licensed Microsoft Office 2007 on my New SSD ?

Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Regards

H B Tan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. rorbit Win User
    Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10 :)

1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the install on it. If all goes to hell, by just reconnecting the original Win 10 drive will I be good to start over?

2. OneDrive, I have about 70 gb of data there, I do not want to download all this to my PC. I Have OneDrive backed up to an external drive would it be a simple matter of copying this to the new OneDrive on SSD.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would really appreciate you’re thoughts on the above strategy and possibly a new one.

rorbit, Jul 9, 2020
  4. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - accidentally deactivated 250

2. After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity: Hello! I just returned to Windows from openSUSE Linux. I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 using Ventoy. During the Windows installation, I "deleted" all the partitions for my SSD. However, I never got the option to "Format/Create New" which I'm usually able to do, to use...
  3. My 250 GB SSD already having 110 GB remaining despite me not downloading or making any...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 250 GB SSD already having 110 GB remaining despite me not downloading or making any...: So I have an SSD and it's storage has been decreasing at a faster scale than expected as I really do not download any large files/games. but right now it's at 110 GB but I know for a fact that all of the things I have downloaded/made combined is not larger than 45 GB. I have...
  4. My 250 GB SSD already having 110 GB remaining despite me not downloading or making any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 250 GB SSD already having 110 GB remaining despite me not downloading or making any...: So I have an SSD and it's storage has been decreasing at a faster scale than expected as I really do not download any large files/games. but right now it's at 110 GB but I know for a fact that all of the things I have downloaded/made combined is not larger than 45 GB. I have...
  5. My 250 GB SSD already having 110 GB remaining despite me not downloading or making any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  7. Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?: As the thread title states, my SSD is mysteriously missing a ton of space.. It is my C: drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. I put the SSD in, while using Windows7, anyway, I got Win 10 (clean install from scratch), Cloned from HDD to SSD, moved around the boot...
  8. Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD

Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD: HP p6716f Win10 HP (x64) desktop 1 TB hard drive (920 GB free) needs to be replaced. --- It appears to me there is only 80GB in use. Is that correct? I’d like to replace it with an SSD: I suspect 250 GB would be more than ample size. I've read that it isn't possible to...
  9. Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD: Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions *Smile 1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the...
  10. Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or

Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or: When I mount the drive in a Kingston drive adapter , the Samsung Magician software does not recognize the drive although Disc check identifies fine? Tried several different USB connectors & a second computer . Is there a workaround to migrate my win 10 system to the SSD -...