Windows 10: I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files

Discus and support I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently deleted an old game off my computer, which deleted most of my dll files from system 32. I have followed some online tutorials on how to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bob_137, Aug 11, 2022.

1. bob_137 Win User

I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files

I recently deleted an old game off my computer, which deleted most of my dll files from system 32. I have followed some online tutorials on how to get these back, including installing a fresh copy of windows 10. Is there any way I can get the files back without resteting?

:)

bob_137, Aug 11, 2022
  2. rivvu Win User

Missing a lot of dll files in System32

Hey

I recently discovered that I get an error everytime I try to start certain games or programs called 0xc000007b. I don't know a lot about computers so I googled it and found out that it's connected to missing dll files in System32 but since I didn't know
    what was missing there, I downloaded Dependency Walker to find it out. Now I know that I'm missing
    a lot of dll files, way too much to write down but to give a few examples:

• api-ms-win-core-crt-L1-1-0.dll
    • api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-L1-1-0.dll
    • api-ms-win-core-string-L-1-10.dll
    • api-ms-win-core-synch-L1-2-0.dll
    • api-ms-win-core-security-base-L1-1-0.dll
    etc. the list goes on.

Now I can already tell that it's not a good sign that I'm missing all these system files but I also don't know how I could've possibly deleted them. The only problem I've encountered the past few weeks was when I installed BitDefender, since it started going
    crazy and deleting folders from games that were completely fine. Had enough of that so I uninstalled that and got Kaspersky instead which made zero problems to this day, now I can only guess that the files could've possibly been deleted by Bitdefender but
    as I said, I don't know a lot about computers so forgive me if that theory makes no sense.

Anyway I tried repairing System32 by using SFC and DISM at the command prompt with admin rights but it didn't help, so I tried to reset my PC but I got an error that it didn't work. Searched it up online, found out that antivirus programs might cause the
    error so I uninstalled Kaspersky, tried again and it still didn't work.

Now I'm at a point where I don't know what to do anymore since I can't find anything else online that could help me. I hope that I explained everything you need to know and that somebody could help me with this, I would be really thankful.

rivvu, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    .DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Registering a dll

Hi Donald,

There are a lot of factors for this matter. to isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What application does the .dll belongs to?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

• Aside from downloading and installing the .dll file, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted lot

2. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. It was from the system32 folder....
  3. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. It was from the system32 folder....
  4. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-dll-file-by-mistake/266739fc-a28b-479f-afc7-69858af967b5
  5. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  6. I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files

I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files: I recently deleted an old game off my computer, which deleted most of my dll files from system 32. I have followed some online tutorials on how to get these back, including installing a fresh copy of windows 10. Is there any way I can get the files back without resteting?...
  7. I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a lot of dll files: I recently deleted an old game off my computer, which deleted most of my dll files from system 32. I have followed some online tutorials on how to get these back, including installing a fresh copy of windows 10. Is there any way I can get the files back without resteting?...
  8. Deleting .dll Files??

Deleting .dll Files??: I've seen three different methods of deleting .dll files, and trust me when I say that I have doneALL OF THEM. I have attempted to force delete using del /f, unregister using Regsvr32 /u /s, and even double-checking to make sure I have administrative powers over the file...
  9. Missing a lot of dll files in System32

Missing a lot of dll files in System32: Hey I recently discovered that I get an error everytime I try to start certain games or programs called 0xc000007b. I don't know a lot about computers so I googled it and found out that it's connected to missing dll files in System32 but since I didn't know what was missing...
  10. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...