Windows 10: I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

Discus and support I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i just upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, and i wanted to just use my HDD for backup, i had my homework there, when i deleted the OS partition from it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WholeBoysenberry, May 10, 2021.

1. I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

So i just upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, and i wanted to just use my HDD for backup, i had my homework there, when i deleted the OS partition from it, i wanted to just connect the unallocated space with the rest with Disk Manager, but i accidentally deleted it instead. I have not touched the disk from then at all, didn't format it or anything, just left it where it's at, just to not lose my stuff. Is it possible to just undo the delete without having to download any software?

:)

WholeBoysenberry, May 10, 2021
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, May 10, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 10, 2021
  4. UbErN00b Win User

I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, May 10, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

1. I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted partition

2. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  3. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  4. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  6. Accidentally deleted a full partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a full partition: As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one. How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet...
  7. accidentally deleted a windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  8. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  9. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  10. Delete OS Partition on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete OS Partition on HDD: Hi so tomorrow I'm going to change my OS from an HDD to an SSD. Thing is that I want to use my HDD that I'm replacing as back up storage and I heard you can keep your info from the old HDD without having to format it, but you can delete the OS partition of the drive. Anyone...