Windows 10: I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

Discus and support I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ปฏิภาณ ห้วยเรไร, Sep 3, 2023.

1. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it.

:)

ปฏิภาณ ห้วยเรไร, Sep 3, 2023

2. Prefetch Files

My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but
    the fact that it ran so much better was well worth the slow startup. I suggest everyone deletes them on a regular basis and now I am trying to find an autodelete routine to use all the time.

SteveBowen2, Sep 3, 2023
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Delete Unused Prfetch Files

Hi,

To view the prefetch folder, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type in "C:/WINDOWS/Prefetch" without the quotation.

By then, you can now view the list of prefetch on your Windows. You can determine which prefetch to delete by its filename and the date that it has been modified. You can also check its properties for the details of the said prefetch files. To delete it, right-click
    the said prefetch and then, click Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 3, 2023
  4. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

query about "temp", "%temp%", "prefetch" files delete

Can I delete "temp", "%temp%", "prefetch" files in windows 10. If yes so please guide me the proper step

Surajit Sarkar, Sep 3, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

1. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted prefetch

2. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  3. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  4. i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??: i accidentally deleted a file i need to bring it back please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-file-how-can-bring-it/fe00da0b-8ec9-41ad-9ba3-922c736c617e
  5. i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??: i accidentally deleted a file i need to bring it back please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-file-how-can-bring-it/fe00da0b-8ec9-41ad-9ba3-922c736c617e
  6. I accidentally made my User file my Desktop.

I accidentally made my User file my Desktop.: I was trying to move files from my C drive to me E drive and I messed this up. I have no restore points yo my knowledge, I have tried, and I already attempted a windows reset, but all it did was get rid of my downloads. A lot of problems I know. thanks in advance for helping...
  7. I accidentally made my User file my Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made my User file my Desktop.: I was trying to move files from my C drive to me E drive and I messed this up. I have no restore points yo my knowledge, I have tried, and I already attempted a windows reset, but all it did was get rid of my downloads. A lot of problems I know. thanks in advance for helping...
  8. I accidentally made my User file my Desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files: so i researched and saw that they install when u use the pc but why can't i use the search bar or why the settings don't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-scammed-and-deleted-the-prefetch-files/36a84301-81fb-436b-8e69-00cc11d72c94
  10. Fix to this and how can I delete this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix to this and how can I delete this file?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arektesco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k404r0/fix_to_this_and_how_can_i_delete_this_file/