Windows 10: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

Discus and support I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kai Lin1, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Kai Lin1 Win User

I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?

:)

Kai Lin1, Mar 19, 2024

2. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Hi,DawnWilliams8

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and kindly follow these basic steps

You can used the diskpart.

1. Open CMD (press the Windows key + R and type CMD then hit enter)

2. In CMD type: Diskpart and hit enter

3. In Diskpart type: list volume and hit enter

4. Type: select volume X (X being the drive letter of your unallocated external hard drive) then hit enter (you can find out which Drive letter is assigned by looking in Disk Management)

5. Type: "delete volume" and then hit Enter

6. Type: "list volume" and then hit enter (If the tool is not able to create a new volume, follow the steps below)

7. Type: "select volume X" and then hit Enter

8. Type: "delete volume" and then hit Enter

9.Type: "delete volume" override and then hit Enter

10. Open Disk Management and try to create a new volume on the unallocated drive and set the file system to get the unallocated hard disk repaired.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Mar 19, 2024
  3. willli Win User
    How to recover a volume accidentally delete from Storage Spaces

Need urgent help here:
    1. I have a Mass Storage Space created and it included 3 disks
    2. In Disk Manager, I accidentally deleted the volume on the storage space
    3. The files are all there on the three disk as in the Storage Space management page the disks are all showing as being at capacity (see attached screen shot below)
    4. In disk manager, the D drive previously associated with the Storage Space is now showing as unallocated

Question: Is it possible to restore the volume on the storage space?

Thanks!

I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated.  I want to recover it. I recreated a... 125879d1489993577t-how-recover-volume-accidentally-delete-storage-spaces-2017_03_20_07_06_081.png

willli, Mar 19, 2024
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Hi,DawnWilliams8

Based on your concern is how to recover the unallocated partition, so that why

I provided the details on how to recover the partition, probably after you recover the unallocated partition that's the time you can work you 3 partition.

If that won't work will ask for another expert about their suggestion.

Regards,

Erik

EriksonBautista24, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

1. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a... - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted Disk

2. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted windows and want to recover data before reinstalling windows

I accidentally deleted windows and want to recover data before reinstalling windows: Today when I started my PC , there was on option of deleting old windows to get better speed, I accidentally clicked yes and windows was deleted from my system, with all the files being intact on hard drive. I have created a bootable usb from the internet, and any way forward...
  5. I accidentally deleted windows and want to recover data before reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted windows and want to recover data before reinstalling windows: Today when I started my PC , there was on option of deleting old windows to get better speed, I accidentally clicked yes and windows was deleted from my system, with all the files being intact on hard drive. I have created a bootable usb from the internet, and any way forward...
  6. How do I recover a device that I accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a device that I accidentally deleted?: I accidentally deleted a storage device in Disk Management, and I cant get it to come back up. It still comes up in Device Manager under Disk drives but that is the only place that I can find it....
  7. How do I recover a device that I accidentally deleted?

How do I recover a device that I accidentally deleted?: I accidentally deleted a storage device in Disk Management, and I cant get it to come back up. It still comes up in Device Manager under Disk drives but that is the only place that I can find it....
  8. How to I unallocated a disk I deleted on accident.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I unallocated a disk I deleted on accident.: I was going through and deleted a volume or something on my SSD. Now it says unallocated. When I right click it the only options it gives me is Covert to Dynamic dis, Convert to MDR Disk, properties and help....
  9. How to I unallocated a disk I deleted on accident.

How to I unallocated a disk I deleted on accident.: I was going through and deleted a volume or something on my SSD. Now it says unallocated. When I right click it the only options it gives me is Covert to Dynamic dis, Convert to MDR Disk, properties and help....
  10. I want to recover deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to recover deleted files.: i did not backup nor made any restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-recover-deleted-files/89f407d7-4559-4975-ad58-f7b9e7945c04