Windows 10: I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back

Discus and support I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The title says it all I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by exertion, Feb 20, 2020.

1. exertion Win User

I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back

The title says it all I believe

:)

exertion, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Aqqqq Win User

How to fix the garbled text in the .snt file (for Sticky Notes)?

My computer runs Windows 10. The content of my sticky notes was deleted after a restart (possibly with an update). I had a number of sticky notes.

In the .snt file, there is a mixture of "normal" text and garbled text in the file. Are there any ways to recover the the garbled text?

Aqqqq, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Sticky Notes not show the text

Hi Nancy,

The issue may be related to corrupted application files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, follow the steps below:

Delete the contents of the Sticky Notes folder and run Sticky Notes Manually.

Step 1. Navigate to the App data folder and for that follow the steps mentioned below to help fix the issue.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select File Explorer.

c. Navigate to C:\Users\<your User Name>.

Once you are inside your User folder you should see a list of Folders like Contacts, Desktop and downloads etc.

You need to access some files that are hidden to continue troubleshooting,

Step 2. Try to see Hidden Folders and files and for that you need to follow the steps provided below.

• Open Folder Options by Pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and
      drives, and then click OK.

Step 3. Delete the Sticky notes temp file.

Now, you should be able to see a folder by name App data above contacts.

• Click on the folder.
    • Navigate to Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky notes.
    • Delete the file StickyNotes.snt.
    Now close Sticky Notes and reopen it to check if it works.

If the issues still persist, check the answer provided by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    and proceed with the steps on how to Run the Sticky Notes from the root Folder.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 20, 2020
  4. I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Hi,

I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this

C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist. Like anywhere. I have looked in a bunch of folders and nothing.

Please help.

OliviaSavage, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back

1. I accidentally deleted important text from a sticky note, can I somehow get this text back - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted important

2. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  3. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  4. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  6. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  7. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

8. Sticky Notes pasting text as images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pasting text as images: When I copy editable text from the internet or onenote and paste it into the sticky notes app it pastes as an uneditable image and not text. I tried to erase the cache in the C drive-users-my id-app data-roaming-microsoft-sticky notes. I am still having the same issue, its...
  9. I accidentally somehow deleted appxprovider.dll, how do I get it back?

I accidentally somehow deleted appxprovider.dll, how do I get it back?: I was emptying my bin when a message popped up about appxprovider.dll and I pressed cancel however when I came back into the recycling bin, there was nothing there. So I am convinced that I trashed appxprovider.dll, when I search online apparently it's part of the windows...
  10. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note: Hi, I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this – C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist....