Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware

Discus and support I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and ram. Windows no longer recognized my PC due to the new hardware. I deleted the previous PC from my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieLowry, Oct 28, 2018.

1. I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware

I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and ram. Windows no longer recognized my PC due to the new hardware. I deleted the previous PC from my account because I thought this would "free up" the license so I could use it on my new PC. Unfortunately, now it no longer shows I have a valid windows license associated with my microsoft account. How can I reactive windows on my PC? Can I undo removing the previous device, or is there another option?

:)

CharlieLowry, Oct 28, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 28, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 28, 2018
  4. I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware

unstable hardware drivers following Win 10-511 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen promts for troubleshooting.

Also, update the driver for Keyboard by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Keyboards from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware

1. I accidentally deleted my device with my Windows key after updating hardware - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted device

2. I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.: I can't find any article on here that can help me... I think I really messed up. a couple weeks ago I upgraded my CPU, GPU, and my power supply on my gaming PC.. I was having issues with it and a tech friend of mine recommended I delete my 'Armory Crate' app I believe it...
  3. I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.: I can't find any article on here that can help me... I think I really messed up. a couple weeks ago I upgraded my CPU, GPU, and my power supply on my gaming PC.. I was having issues with it and a tech friend of mine recommended I delete my 'Armory Crate' app I believe it...
  4. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker: I have an ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip TP3402, and the audio stopped working randomly. I tried troubleshooting and it said it detected an issue with the audio that it could not fix. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials and noting fixed it, then suddenly it said I had no audio...
  5. Accidentally deleted my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted my mouse: when I go to device manager the mouse and pointer option is not there how do I restore it? And when I go into my mouse settings>additional mouse settings, there is nothing in the hardware box as well....
  6. Accidentally deleted my mouse

Accidentally deleted my mouse: when I go to device manager the mouse and pointer option is not there how do I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-my-mouse/af198e84-8d1c-4d4c-863f-64629c953d09
  7. Accidentally deleted my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally deleted my mouse: when I go to device manager the mouse and pointer option is not there how do I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-my-mouse/af198e84-8d1c-4d4c-863f-64629c953d09
  8. i accidentally deleted my bluetooth

i accidentally deleted my bluetooth: I deleted everysingle category in the bluetooth by accident, because instead of disabling i uninstalled it since i was trying to fix my bluetooth after an update, i downloaded the driver on my providers website but it is still not letting me connect to my mouse. What do i do?...
  9. Accidentally deleted my Bluetooth

Accidentally deleted my Bluetooth: I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth through Device Manager because I couldn't turn on my bluetooth. Now that I go to Device Manager, I don't see Bluetooth anymore even with 'Show hidden devices'. How do I reinstall bluetooth on my laptop?...
  10. i accidentally deleted my runasuser key in registry editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i accidentally deleted my runasuser key in registry editor: [ATTACH] in the registry editor HKEY CLASSES ROOTS/msi package/shell theres supposed to be a runasuser key that is for installing apps nut now that its not there i cant install anything.i accidentally deleted it so can i see what is the original key of runasuser so i can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if you accidentally deleted an old pc of your microsoft devices