Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at...

Discus and support I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The question is pretty basic, as I wrote in subject, I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at all and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OguzBaykut, Feb 24, 2021.

1. I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at...

The question is pretty basic, as I wrote in subject, I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at all and I can't find the correct drivers anywhere on microsoft's site. Here is a picture of my device managerin Turkish , it says unknown USB device when I plug in my webcam, it is a very old LifeCam but I don't know the exact model. I'm on Windows 10, can't revert the system to an older version before I deleted it because this happened long ago and I didn't really need the webcam then.

I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at... 5f828538-6988-42d7-9eb9-a696579be9b5?upload=true.png

:)

OguzBaykut, Feb 24, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Microsoft LifeCam 3.5

Device Manager Error Code 43 could mean either a problem with the hardware or the driver.

Please confirm that you have some edition of Windows 7.

Unplug the webcam and connect it to one of the other computers. Does it work there? If so, the problem is with the driver on the problem computer; if not, the camera itself has failed.

Which actual LifeCam model do you have (3.5 appears to relate to the software release)?

According to this Microsoft article (Get firmware, drivers, and software for Microsoft LifeCam cameras),

• for LifeCam Cinema, LifeCam HD-3000, LifeCam Studio, and LifeCam VX-800, no additional software, firmware, or drivers are needed.
    • for LifeCam HD-5000, HD-5001, and HD-6000 for Notebooks, the current software is
      LifeCam 3.6 software
    • for LifeCam VX-1000, use LifeCam 3.2 software
    Assuming the webcam works on another computer, I suggest the following:

1. With the webcam still disconnected from the problem computer, open Device Manager. If there is an entry for the webcam (under "Imaging devices"), right-click and select "Uninstall."
    2. If there was not entry for the webcam in Device Manager, connect it, and then right-click and "Uninstall" it.
    3. Restart the computer. Windows will detect the webcam and attempt to install it.
    If that doesn't help, disconnect the webcam.

Click Start, type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and press Enter

If there is an entry for LifeCam software, select it and click the "uninstall" button.

Assuming that you have one of the supported models, click on the link above to download LifeCam3.60.exe

Run the download file and connect the webcam when prompted to do so by the software

3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Intros New LifeCam VX-5000, LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000 Webcams

For personalized flair, the LifeCam VX-5000 features a brightly colored ring around the front of the webcam in the colors Cool Blue, Lucky Green and Fire Red, allowing consumers to choose their favorite to suit their style. To complement the fresh, new look, the LifeCam VX-5000 features MSN Photo Swap, a special feature that lets consumers share digital photos in midvideo conversation and see real-time reactions as both callers view the pictures. The new webcam arrives just in time to help share summer vacation memories and keep consumers connected throughout the year.

I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at... 05-13VX5000_lg_thm.jpg

“With the LifeCam VX-5000 we are changing the perception of webcams from boring and bulky to fun and flexible,” said Michael Cowan, product marketing manager for the Hardware Division at Microsoft. “We designed this LifeCam to match the experience its technology delivers — it’s all about fun and letting consumers share their personalities.”

Microsoft is also offering the LifeCam VX-500 and the LifeChat LX-2000 — two affordable products, each with a unique, compact design. The LifeCam VX-500 is a versatile webcam designed to fit on notebooks and desktop PCs. The LifeChat LX-2000 is a full-size headset that folds down into a small, portable shape. Both are perfect products for consumers on the go.

Photo Swap: A Feature You’ll Flip Over
    Digital camera owners have on average more than 1,200 photos stored on their computer, and Photo Swap helps bring the pictures to life as a virtual photo album. Using Windows Live Messenger, consumers easily can share pictures from summer vacations or holiday gatherings. The best part is with Photo Swap they can see and hear the reaction of their friends and family — whether across town or across the country — and feel like they are sitting right next to each other.

See, Hear, Share — Easy as 1, 2, 3
    The VX-5000 comes with Windows Live optimizations and the latest version of LifeCam software, making it easier than ever for users to experience a great video call. Key features and benefits include the following:
    • Windows LiveCall Button, located on top of the LifeCam, allows users to open their Contact Picker (a tool showing which contacts are currently online) with one touch, so they can quickly initiate video calls to friends and family.
    • LifeCam Dashboard incorporates full LifeCam navigational controls (pan, tilt, zoom, face tracking and Video Effects) within the Windows Live Messenger interface, enabling a seamless and easy navigating experience.
    • World-class VGA optics with a VGA sensor, 640x480 video resolution and 1.3-megapixel still photography (interpolated) offer high picture quality.
    • Built-in unidirectional microphone with acoustic noise cancellation delivers crystal-clear audio.
    • Pan, tilt and 3X digital zoom features allow users to adjust the image to see more clearly.
    LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000

Microsoft continues to bring friends and family together with the additional announcement of two affordable products made to enhance the computing experience: the LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000. With true VGA video, the LifeCam VX-500 enhances the webcam experience with brilliant video quality, and its compact design allows for easy mobility — working seamlessly with both notebooks and desktop PCs.

The LifeChat LX-2000 delivers supreme comfort as a portable, full-size headset that is perfect for music, gaming, online chatting and more. The unique collapsible design allows the headset to fold into a compact shape for easy portability — just throw it into the carrying case and go. Both the LifeCam VX-500 and the LifeChat LX-2000 can be easily used with major instant messaging programs, and the setup is quicker than ever, with no software needed.

Pricing and Availability
    The LifeCam VX-5000 will be widely available in June 2008 for an estimated retail price of $49.95 (U.S.). The LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000 will be available in May 2008 for the following estimated retail prices:
    • Microsoft LifeCam VX-500, $16.95 (U.S.)
    • Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000, $29.95 (U.S.)
    The LifeCam VX-5000 and LifeChat LX-2000 are available for pre-sale on Amazon.com, and all three products will be backed worldwide by a three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 24, 2021
  4. AzaadAlli Win User

I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at...

Lifecam VX-6000 needs a driver for Windows 10

TO: John Wendell Thompson, Bill Gates & Microsoft Software Engineers:

The Lifecam VX-6000 webcam

* Excellent modern usb camera

* Not obselete technology

* Not suitable for "end of support"

Regarding the Lifecam VX-6000 webcam driver.

* You have sold thousands upon thousands of these webcams for Windows.

* Then you upgraded Windows

* You have then neglected to release a Lifecam VX-6000 webcam driver for Windows 10

* This is extremely bad for the environment and for your customers.

PLEASE:

* Create and release the Lifecam VX-6000 webcam driver for Windows 10

* Add to the driver list: Get firmware, drivers, and software for Microsoft LifeCam cameras

AzaadAlli, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at...

1. I accidentally deleted my lifecam driver, now my computer doesn't recognize my webcam at... - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted lifecam

2. I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.: I can't find any article on here that can help me... I think I really messed up. a couple weeks ago I upgraded my CPU, GPU, and my power supply on my gaming PC.. I was having issues with it and a tech friend of mine recommended I delete my 'Armory Crate' app I believe it...
  3. I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.: I can't find any article on here that can help me... I think I really messed up. a couple weeks ago I upgraded my CPU, GPU, and my power supply on my gaming PC.. I was having issues with it and a tech friend of mine recommended I delete my 'Armory Crate' app I believe it...
  4. I accidentally deleted my Bluetooth Drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver in my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver in my Laptop: I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver for my laptop and now the driver cannot be re installed because the driver cannot be detected. my laptop specification isRyzen 7 3750H12GB RAMGTX 1650AMD RADEON RX VEGA 10 Graphicsplease help me solve this problem...
  6. I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver in my Laptop

I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver in my Laptop: I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver for my laptop and now the driver cannot be re installed because the driver cannot be detected. my laptop specification isRyzen 7 3750H12GB RAMGTX 1650AMD RADEON RX VEGA 10 Graphicsplease help me solve this problem...
  7. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer: Hello. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer. I can still access windows with a local user account. when i had my administrator account, i sett the user account prompt notification level to 100%. so, i can't access System restore, or SFC. i can't, for...
  8. My computer doesn't recognize any USB drivers...

My computer doesn't recognize any USB drivers...: I cant access any of my older USB drivers. Any suggestions? They are listed under drivers but I cant access the content of them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-recognize-any-usb-drivers/bb4e9391-14f6-4d7b-80bf-e1e8f66eb2d6
  9. I deleted my built in webcam accidentally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my built in webcam accidentally: So i was in device manager and by accidentally uninstalled my built in webcam, everything says to go back into device manager and update it, but its no longer in device manager. Please help and thank you. submitted by /u/Super_Boi_Thicc [link] [comments]...
  10. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion: Hello everyone. I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into Devices and Printers and deleted the device from the audio section, thinking it'd only delete the audio-input part of the cam, but...