Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

Discus and support I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I went to device settings. right clicked my camera and clicked uninstall on accident. Now when I search for the camera again it is gone and I can't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dom_2H04, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Dom_2H04 Win User

I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

I went to device settings. right clicked my camera and clicked uninstall on accident. Now when I search for the camera again it is gone and I can't use it. Is there also an in-built camera on the PC I can use?

:)

Dom_2H04, Jan 19, 2023
  2. KatieHan Win User

Accidentally deleted the camera device on Device Manager.

Hi,

I made the mistake of deleting my camera device on the Device Manager after it was not working. I attempted to scan for hardware changes like the Microsoft page suggested, but the camera did not pop up. How can I recover the camera in the Device Manager?

Thank you for your help!

KatieHan, Jan 19, 2023
  3. ILS
    ils Win User
    manage USB devices within WIN10

• Here’s a long-winded thanks to Railtech (and others for their suggestions). Recall, my initial issue was how to get several ‘video’ apps to see a USB video feed instead of the USB webam feed.
    • My webcam was listed as ‘Integrated Camera.’ I saw myself in the ‘Camera’ app via the webcam when the video setting was for 720p or 480p (not 1280p). The webcam had been plugged in and used earlier for ‘Zoom’. I clicked ‘Remove device’ in the Settings-Device screen; ‘Integrated Camera’ disappeared and the webcam was off.
    • Once the ‘Integrated Camera’ was removed, I was able to connect to my video source with my cheapo video capture software (Honestech) via USB. My Device setting showed AV to USB2.0 device – Audio. ‘Camera’ also showed my video source.
    • I next closed the apps, removed the AV to USB2.0 device on the ‘device’ screen, then plugged in my USB webcam. I heard the usual ding-song.
    • The ‘Integrated Camera’ returned to the device screen, but the webcam didn’t turn on in the ‘Camera’ app. However, my Zoom app did show me on the webcam.
    • So, Railtech, you were right about ‘removing’ then getting the webcam/device back by unplugging, then plugging it back in.
    • However, WIN10 must be a bit schizophrenic in the way it favors some apps, like ‘zoom,’ over my ‘camera’ app.
    • Nonetheless, by removing the ‘Integrated Camera,’ I was able to connect with my cheapo video capture software (Honestech), (via AV to USB2.0 device – Audio). So now, I can have both available, just by ‘removing device’ unplugging and replugging in the webcam’s USB connector. Not exactly a software-only switch, but it will have to do for now.
    • Perhaps when I reboot, ‘camera’ will pick up the webcam again.

4. I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

1. I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there... - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted USB

2. I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...: I went to device settings. right clicked my camera and clicked uninstall on accident. Now when I search for the camera again it is gone and I can't use it. Is there also an in-built camera on the PC I can use?...
  3. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it

I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it: I can't remember my old password in the system it needed my microsoft account passwordis there anyway I can see my old password so I can access my cmd and try to fix this ?please helpor is there any way?I cant seem to reset it tooit says a error...
  4. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  5. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  6. I can't find my camera at device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my camera at device manager: i cant find my camera at device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-at-device-manager/b0887b1a-36e6-470e-92b4-390576c869fe
  7. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager: I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed the camera app settings, did sfc/ SCANNOW, did software updates for windows, and tried almost everything else I saw while...
  8. I can't find my camera in device manager

I can't find my camera in device manager: I can't find my camera in device manager I have windows 10 and COMPAQ CQ60-300SV 2CE84636GK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-in-device-manager/f737ff0c-713c-41af-8964-269549ff2f6f
  9. I can't find any "Cameras" settings in my Device Manager (to update my drivers) .... And...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find any "Cameras" settings in my Device Manager (to update my drivers) .... And...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Samy_Trif [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmxdx3/i_cant_find_any_cameras_settings_in_my_device/
  10. Accidentally deleted the camera device on Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally deleted the camera device on Device Manager.: Hi, I made the mistake of deleting my camera device on the Device Manager after it was not working. I attempted to scan for hardware changes like the Microsoft page suggested, but the camera did not pop up. How can I recover the camera in the Device Manager? Thank you for...