Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

Discus and support I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gm3suz, Aug 2, 2021.

1. gm3suz Win User

I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be locked out, I even tried a few PIN numbers I used to use but nothing works and I cannot change the password. Spent hours interrogating various help robots but they all assume that I can somehow change or reset the password. The laptop is only a couple of months old and I need some help. Is there a secret Microsoft password that I can use ?

:)

gm3suz, Aug 2, 2021
  2. raj26may Win User

Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

I was fed up having to log in a password every time I had to enter my laptop. So I followed some online tutorial and ended up deleting some user accounts on my laptop. I think I accidentally deleted a lot of user profile! I still have to log in with a password to enter my laptop but I have no admin account *Sad

raj26may, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Aug 2, 2021
  4. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted user

2. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  3. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  4. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  5. I accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account.: Hi,I accidentally deleted my main laptop from my microsoft account, and I can’t log in to my laptop at all. I don’t know where I can add back the device. I tried the “Add Devices” menu, but apparently it is only for Surface and Xbox. I am completely lost. Please help....
  6. I accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account.

I accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account.: Hi,I accidentally deleted my main laptop from my microsoft account, and I can’t log in to my laptop at all. I don’t know where I can add back the device. I tried the “Add Devices” menu, but apparently it is only for Surface and Xbox. I am completely lost. Please help....
  7. I accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop: I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be...
  9. I accidentally deleted my user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally deleted my user folder: im using win10 and i was trying to change my user folder name, and to move it in to my administrator account (no idea why i did that) , but it didnt finished the transfer of the files, and when i tried to connect to my user , it was all empty , now i only have the empty...
  10. Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account: I accidentally deleted my main laptop from my microsoft account. I tried to use "can't see my devive" to add it back, but it seems like it's only working for surface and xbox. The laptop is still funtioning fine, no problems seems to be happening so far. Is there a way i can...