Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can...

Discus and support I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Well my computer was running out of storage so I decided to do a disk cleanup, and I had tick it for being deleted, but I didn't know it was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blindingsky, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can...

Well my computer was running out of storage so I decided to do a disk cleanup, and I had tick it for being deleted, but I didn't know it was an important file, but by the time I found out and cancelled it. It was already deleted, does anyone know how I can restore it?

submitted by /u/blindingsky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blindingsky, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can...

Do I need the install.esd AND installx64.esd files on my disk?

Hi Adam, welcome to the Ten Forums.

You can delete those files if you want to, although I would follow the David's suggestion in post above mine.

If you decide to completely delete them, you might want to first create your own Windows 10 install media from them:

Tutorials:

Thema:

I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can...

1. I accidentally deleted my Windows ESD installation files, does anyone know how I can... - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted ESD

2. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  3. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  4. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?: I'm getting quite frustrated that the recovery form does not have enough information. If I knew a previous original password I'd use that to sign in! There is no other information I can provide. I can't understand why the option doesn't appear available in the family safety...
  6. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  7. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  8. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Anyone know how I can do this? I accidentally installed windows 10 pro and I can’t activate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how I can do this? I accidentally installed windows 10 pro and I can’t activate...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Heracide [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le86s2/anyone_know_how_i_can_do_this_i_accidentally/
  10. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?: I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-windowsinstaller-how-can-i/8b687751-4b8f-480f-901d-4de5217b9675